DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Woodpecker plate (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/95254-woodpecker-plate.html)

stoutman March 15th 05 11:20 PM

Woodpecker plate

Got my woodpecker router plate today. All Al and looks like a pretty sturdy
piece of equipment. It appears to be very flat unlike the rousseau plate I
tried already.

Gonna mount my beast on it this weekend!

John M March 15th 05 11:34 PM

Did mine last weekend. Made a custom routing cabinet all centered around
the Woodpecker PRL and I squeezed a little more out for the INCRA fence. I
should post the pix.

Very sturdy!

--
John

m...

Sam Brooks March 15th 05 11:38 PM

stoutman wrote:
Got my woodpecker router plate today. All Al and looks like a pretty

sturdy
piece of equipment. It appears to be very flat unlike the rousseau

plate I
tried already.

Gonna mount my beast on it this weekend!

That's good to hear. I just ordered my woodpecker router plate on
Friday and it is in route now. I am looking forward to installing it.
I will post after the install. I found the woodpecker router plate
based on this forum.

Sam

stoutman March 16th 05 12:13 AM

Have a problem with the starter pin not screwing in, but I called woodpeck
and he is sending me a new starting pin. I hope that is the problem and not
the plate.

Sounds like an easy company to deal with.

m...

stoutman March 16th 05 12:52 AM

Yahoo! I fixed it. Filed off the first thread with my trusty file and now
it screws in with ease.

Very nice plate. I like that they send you the screws you need to attach
the router to the plate. The screws that came with the router are way to
short.

I also like how the hole reducer rings. They lock in by twisting them with
the supplied wrench. Very slick.

The rousseau plate required that you pound on them to go in.

"stoutman" wrote in message
. com...
Have a problem with the starter pin not screwing in, but I called woodpeck
and he is sending me a new starting pin. I hope that is the problem and
not the plate.

Sounds like an easy company to deal with.

m...

arw01 March 16th 05 02:52 PM

Is there a special on the woodpecker plates going on?

Alan

Marc Ward March 16th 05 09:19 PM

I called today and was quoted $79 for the one drilled for my router
(DeWalt 625).

On 16 Mar 2005 06:52:22 -0800, "arw01"
wrote:

Is there a special on the woodpecker plates going on?

Alan

Marc Ward
Milwaukee, WI

Sam Brooks March 17th 05 01:21 AM

I paid $39.95 which included drilling for my Dewalt 618. I also bought
the MDF Insert Template for $10.00 extra. The shipping was $6.78 UPS
Ground to my location. I ordered Friday evening and received to today 3
business days later. I am very happy with the quality of the product.
Now I just have to figure out what size to make the ledgeg that the
plate will sit on. My router table top is 1.5" thick.

I am not aware of any specials.

Sam

http://www.woodpeck.com/tlrphenolicplate.html

stoutman March 17th 05 01:31 AM

$39.95? You must have ordered the phenolic plate. The $79.00 plate is made
of aluminum.

According to the woodpecker web page, they recommend a 1/2" ledge (lip).

oups.com...

Lenny March 19th 05 12:43 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:20:49 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

Got my woodpecker router plate today. All Al and looks like a pretty sturdy
piece of equipment. It appears to be very flat unlike the rousseau plate I
tried already.

Gonna mount my beast on it this weekend!

I did get a chance to check our Rousseau plate at work and like your
1/6th sag. In practical application at least it IS the "leading edge"
still ... It's either flat or it "aint"
Sounds like you have a good setup there now. Thanks for sharing.

Lenny