DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sofa Table (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/95196-sofa-table.html)

Max March 15th 05 02:11 AM

Sofa Table

I'm working on a sofa table with a "Southwest" style. The style is somewhat
like the entertainment center I posted at abpw. (see sofa table)
It's made of Ponderosa Pine. I can't decide on what kind of finish I should
use.
Any suggestions?

Max

Max March 15th 05 02:40 AM

"Max" wrote in message
om...
I'm working on a sofa table with a "Southwest" style. The style is
somewhat like the entertainment center I posted at abpw. (see sofa table)
It's made of Ponderosa Pine. I can't decide on what kind of finish I
should use.
Any suggestions?

Max

I just checked and I don't see the picture of the entertainment center.
Probably something I did wrong in posting.

Max March 15th 05 03:13 AM

"Max" wrote in message
. com...

"Max" wrote in message
om...
I'm working on a sofa table with a "Southwest" style. The style is
somewhat like the entertainment center I posted at abpw. (see sofa
table)
It's made of Ponderosa Pine. I can't decide on what kind of finish I
should use.
Any suggestions?

Max

I just checked and I don't see the picture of the entertainment center.
Probably something I did wrong in posting.

Try this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thesam.../ph//my_photos

Andy Dingley March 15th 05 11:39 AM

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Max"
wrote:

It's made of Ponderosa Pine. I can't decide on what kind of finish I should
use.

Shellac over oil or wax over oil.

It's not a table, it doesn't need to be enormously hard wearing. It
has large plain doors facing you, so you want to give the timber some
interest and depth (so use the oil first). If the timber is really
well figured, then go for wax over oil, otherwise shellac over oil.
Use blonde shellac, or else pines go a bit too orange.