DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TS fence upgrade? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/94697-ts-fence-upgrade.html)

Faizal Ali March 11th 05 04:30 PM

TS fence upgrade?

Hello, everyone. I'm a relative woodworking newbie, who's been lurking
here for a while, waiting til I had a burning question to ask.

I own a Delta 36-650 contractor's saw that I'm happy with, for the most
part. However, I do have an issue with the stock fence (I believe it's
called the "Unirip" fence). It's not a bad fence by any means.
However, I've noticed that the rear of the fence has a bit more play
than I would like. The result is that when I'm ripping long sheet
stock, I don't get a perfectly straight cut; it's out in places by as
much as 1/16", occasionally more. I've double checked my set up, and
everything seems OK there.

The obvious solution would seem to be to buy a new fence. However, I
can't quite swing the price of a Biesemeyer or Unifence. The Mulecab
Accusquare fence (http://www.mulecab.com/) is more within my budget.
If anyone has experience with this fence, do you know if it would be a
worthwhile upgrade over the stock Delta fence? Any other similarly
priced options you would recommend?

Thanks in advance