DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen cabinets (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/94695-kitchen-cabinets.html)

Janis March 11th 05 04:14 PM

Kitchen cabinets

I have oak kitchen cabinets that are in very good shape except for a
couple of doors where the edges are worn and a couple of drawer fronts
with some flaking and rought spots. I don't want to have to refinish
the whole set of cabinet. Can you "spot refinish" I wondered can I
use steel wool on the spots and then just rub in stain Or is there
some kind of wood restoration I could use since it is not a widespread
problem on the cabinets?

firstjois March 11th 05 07:01 PM

Janis wrote:
I have oak kitchen cabinets that are in very good shape except for a
couple of doors where the edges are worn and a couple of drawer
fronts with some flaking and rought spots. I don't want to have to
refinish the whole set of cabinet. Can you "spot refinish" I
wondered can I use steel wool on the spots and then just rub in
stain Or is there some kind of wood restoration I could use since
it is not a widespread problem on the cabinets?

I see an ad now and again for repairing wood floors but don't know how or
even why it would work. Maybe a Google search on "repairing wood floors" ?
So much depends on what kind of finish is already on the cabinets.

Josie

firstjois March 12th 05 05:58 PM

firstjois wrote:
Janis wrote:
I have oak kitchen cabinets that are in very good shape except for
a couple of doors where the edges are worn and a couple of drawer
fronts with some flaking and rought spots. I don't want to have to
refinish the whole set of cabinet. Can you "spot refinish" I
wondered can I use steel wool on the spots and then just rub in
stain Or is there some kind of wood restoration I could use since
it is not a widespread problem on the cabinets?

I see an ad now and again for repairing wood floors but don't know
how or even why it would work. Maybe a Google search on "repairing
wood floors" ? So much depends on what kind of finish is already on
the cabinets.

Josie

See:

http://www.detnews.com/2003/homeimpr...e01-126655.htm