DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trimming Hariplank (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/94382-trimming-hariplank.html)

[email protected] March 9th 05 03:30 AM

Trimming Hariplank

The hardiplank webpage is vague on trimming. For example, at an
outside corner the trim could either go on first and the plank butted
against it, or the plank could go on first and the trim applied on top.

Does it make any difference which method is used?

Ray

Leon March 9th 05 03:45 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
The hardiplank webpage is vague on trimming. For example, at an
outside corner the trim could either go on first and the plank butted
against it, or the plank could go on first and the trim applied on top.

Does it make any difference which method is used?

Take your pick. My house is done both ways. I prefer trim covering the
plank.

John Grossbohlin March 9th 05 04:19 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
The hardiplank webpage is vague on trimming. For example, at an
outside corner the trim could either go on first and the plank butted
against it, or the plank could go on first and the trim applied on top.

I'm doing my house now using Hardiplank and cement fiber trim. The trim is
going on first and the siding butted up against it... chaulking as I go.

John

Leon March 9th 05 03:29 PM

"Wilson Lamb" wrote in message
ink.net...
Trim on top leaves spaces for critters.
Wilson

True, but they are not going to eat much if panels and trim are Hardi
products and if not there, they will be some where else.