DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Band saw guides (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93827-band-saw-guides.html)

David Bell March 5th 05 09:16 PM

Band saw guides

I have an old Delta-Rockwell bandsaw with a broken upper guide
assembly. Any roller upgraders have an old one to sell me? The shaft is
hexagonal, regular size guides. Thanks, David

George March 5th 05 10:47 PM

"David Bell" wrote in message
I have an old Delta-Rockwell bandsaw with a broken upper guide
assembly. Any roller upgraders have an old one to sell me? The shaft is
hexagonal, regular size guides. Thanks, David

What did you break? The guide assembly screws into the shaft, so it matters
nothing if it's round or hex.

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/BS/BS2B.htm

Note "C" applies.

Another Jewish Carpenter March 7th 05 06:15 AM

David Bell wrote:
I have an old Delta-Rockwell bandsaw with a broken upper guide
assembly. Any roller upgraders have an old one to sell me? The shaft is
hexagonal, regular size guides. Thanks, David

I just got some from Carter Guides for my 20" Delta. Pretty easy to
install but they need a fair bit of adjustment when you change blades.
Delta has most of the old guides available but they can be REAL
expensive. They wanted $1,600 CDN for mine I paid just under $300 CDN
for the Carters. They're available arom Woodcraft and a lot of other places.