DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about wood threading (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93822-question-about-wood-threading.html)

Robert Kline March 5th 05 04:50 PM

Question about wood threading

I want to make a number of gavels and would like to thread the handles
and the gavel heads. I've never done this nor have I seen it done. I saw
a Beall Wood Threader kit on Google and wonder if this is an efficient
way to do a number of items. I'll have to male thread the 1/2" diameter
end of a 10" handle and female thread the gavel head. Any suggestions or
advice is appreciated.

Joe Gorman March 7th 05 06:34 PM

Robert Kline wrote:
I want to make a number of gavels and would like to thread the handles
and the gavel heads. I've never done this nor have I seen it done. I saw
a Beall Wood Threader kit on Google and wonder if this is an efficient
way to do a number of items. I'll have to male thread the 1/2" diameter
end of a 10" handle and female thread the gavel head. Any suggestions or
advice is appreciated.

Woodcraft carries sets, be sure to get the bottoming tap also
http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=792
Joe