DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kooking for Ideas and Suggestions regarding building Kitchen Cabinets! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93536-kooking-ideas-suggestions-regarding-building-kitchen-cabinets.html)

HMFIC-1369 March 3rd 05 09:30 PM

Kooking for Ideas and Suggestions regarding building Kitchen Cabinets!

Call me a masochist, but I'm looking at making my own Kitchen cabinets.
(found a great free(30day) program) www.kitchendraw.com.

I am considering either Maple or Oak facing and doors with a 3/8's plywood
frame and 5/8's bottom or simply refacing the existing frames with veneer
and making the
doors.

The doors (my main concern) is that I'm making them from solid wood and
simply rounding the edges, should I be concerned with it warping?

Thanks!

Jerry March 4th 05 02:21 AM

"HMFIC-1369" wrote in message
Call me a masochist, but I'm looking at making my own Kitchen cabinets.
(found a great free(30day) program) www.kitchendraw.com.

I am considering either Maple or Oak facing and doors with a 3/8's plywood
frame and 5/8's bottom or simply refacing the existing frames with veneer
and making the
doors.

The doors (my main concern) is that I'm making them from solid wood and
simply rounding the edges, should I be concerned with it warping?

Thanks!

OK, take a look at www.doorsandpulls.com .
They have doors and other cabinet stuff at pretty good prices. The doors are
seconds.
I'm not associated with them in any way.

Ron Truitt March 4th 05 04:47 AM

The last set of cabinets I built were out of pine plywood and some of
the doors warped anyway.

Not sure about solid wood but I am going to try it soon on my next
cabinets.

I have seen some cabinet refacing jobs done by carpenters come out very
good.

Good luck with the cabinets.

RonT