DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mortising Bit Sets (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93397-mortising-bit-sets.html)

Rumpty March 2nd 05 04:41 PM

Mortising Bit Sets

Who makes/sells the "BEST" mortising bit sets?

--

Rumpty

[email protected] March 2nd 05 04:51 PM

IMHO Fisch* the good ones
Mike from American Scamore

Rumpty March 2nd 05 05:20 PM

Mike I'm looking at
http://www.toolcenter.com/fisch/mort...tsetsFisch.htm and I see
they list their bit sets as made in Austria, could these be the same as were
sold by Delta!

--

Rumpty

wrote in message
ups.com...
IMHO Fisch* the good ones
Mike from American Scamore

George March 2nd 05 05:56 PM

They make great Forstners and carving tools, too.

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Mike I'm looking at
http://www.toolcenter.com/fisch/mort...tsetsFisch.htm and I see
they list their bit sets as made in Austria, could these be the same as

were
sold by Delta!

--

wrote in message
ups.com...
IMHO Fisch* the good ones
Mike from American Scamore

[email protected] March 2nd 05 06:46 PM

Hey Rumpty!!

Yes I believe the Austria made ones are both Fisch and the one that
Delta imports. Delta also has the junk ones from China-Tiawan-?
Mike from American Sycamore
I have had very good luck with the Austria made ones here at the
school. With just a little honing they keep their edge quite well.

My OId Tools March 4th 05 02:52 AM

Forest City tools has some good ones (not forrest blades)