Leon

Default "Cut List Plus 2005

For those of you that have Cut List Plus the latest version, 2005 is now
available. I can say that this version is terrific. I have had the Silver
Edition for some time now and the 2005 version appears to a great
improvement. Although you must now buy and get the latest version on CD vs.
down load the license fee is still free for previous owners but there is a
minimal charge for the actually CD + S&H. You can still however down load
a demo/reader version for free but be aware that it replaces you current
version.

Doug Miller

In article , "Leon" wrote:
For those of you that have Cut List Plus the latest version, 2005 is now
available. I can say that this version is terrific. I have had the Silver
Edition for some time now and the 2005 version appears to a great
improvement.

Can you give a quickie rundown of the enhancements?

--
Regards,

PeteC

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Leon" wrote:

For those of you that have Cut List Plus the latest version, 2005 is now
available. I can say that this version is terrific. I have had the Silver
Edition for some time now and the 2005 version appears to a great
improvement.

Can you give a quickie rundown of the enhancements?

--
Regards,

You may also want to check out WoodParts at www.BitsOfWood.com. I just
announced it this morning (see post elsewhere in the group). Fewer
features, but maybe all you need.

PeteC
Leon

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Leon"
wrote:
For those of you that have Cut List Plus the latest version, 2005 is now
available. I can say that this version is terrific. I have had the
Silver
Edition for some time now and the 2005 version appears to a great
improvement.

Can you give a quickie rundown of the enhancements?

As usual the web site provides nice screen shots of the program.
www.cutlistplus.com

Yeah, I think it is much nicer looking with more icons to do more tasks.
IMHO the optimization is now more flexible and efficient. I have the full
blown version of Sheet Layout and up until this point felt that Sheet Layout
was a bit more effective in cutting layouts. With CLP you now can as always
optimize for minimal saw set ups and cut OR minimize off cut sizes. In
addition now you can also click the Style button that will give you 5 ways
to cut each piece of wood individually. The style that you choose for 1
board does not necessarily make you use that style for all boards. You can
choose 1 of 5 style cuts for each board or panel, The styles that you can
use are 1. Where you prefer to make mostly rips, 2. Where you prefer to
prefer to make mostly cross cuts, 3. Maximize side cut off left overs, 4.
Maximize bottom cut off left overs, and 5. the standard out put.
For the Gold version of the program you can create customer pricing sheets
that spell out materials labor costs. This may or may not be good thing
depending on how you like to present a quote to a customer. This version
also gives you the ability to tax different items or labor plus lets you
make mark ups to many costs of the project.
In the Raw Materials section there are now Vendor and Bin columns.
For the Parts screen there is now a Group Edit icon that lets you selected
more than 1 part and change most any aspect of all at one time.
For print outs you can now select landscape or portrait individually for
each type of print out.
And finally from the web site a list of changes on the 2005 version
a.. New featu Price estimating tool.
b.. New featu Customer proposal generator.
c.. New featu Labor cost tracking.
d.. New featu Stock trim (around the outside edge of a sheet of
plywood).
e.. New raw materials column: "Bin" allows you to keep track of where each
size stock is located. Or, use it to track vendor part numbers.
f.. New column in all grids: "Notes" allows you to enter any text you
wish.
g.. New featu keep track of which vendor supplies you with each item in
your raw materials list.
h.. New raw materials columns: "Markup" and tax information columns. Used
by the pricing and proposal tools.
i.. Updated interface is even easier to use.
j.. Improved Printing and Print Preview. Now, specify the page orientation
for each section of the printout.
k.. Plus, many minor enhancements.
May I warn you again that if you install the limited demo/reader version
that it will replace you current version. I use GoBack and was able to
restore my previous version easily.

Doug Miller

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Leon"
wrote:
[...]

Very cool. Thanks, Leon.

--
Regards,

Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

f.. New column in all grids: "Notes" allows you to enter any text you
wish.

At last! ... I've asked Todd a few times in the past to include that
feature.

Thanks for both the heads-up and the run down on the new features.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...
"Leon" wrote in message

f.. New column in all grids: "Notes" allows you to enter any text you
wish.

At last! ... I've asked Todd a few times in the past to include that
feature.

?? ... damned if I can find that feature ... and don't see anything about it
in the Help file?

Also, the update uses a _lot_ more resources than previous versions. Must be
time to upgrade this old box on my desk.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Dave Hinz

"Leon" wrote in message

f.. New column in all grids: "Notes" allows you to enter any text you
wish.

At last! ... I've asked Todd a few times in the past to include that
feature.

?? ... damned if I can find that feature ... and don't see anything about it
in the Help file?

Also, the update uses a _lot_ more resources than previous versions. Must be
time to upgrade this old box on my desk.

Not a CutList Pro thing, but I've also seen "sizefitter.com" which seems
to be of a similar ilk. The website looks like it was written by a
Danish mathemetician, probably because it was, but the program looks
useful for coming up with a cut list.

Dave Hinz

Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote in message news:...

..

?? ... damned if I can find that feature ... and don't see anything about
it
in the Help file?

You click to select a part form the part list, then right click and select
Add/Edit Note. A window pops up and you type your note. Then the part
number box for that part has a small RED triangle in the upper right hand
corner indicating that there is a note linked to this part. If you hover
your cursor over that part number the note appears.

Also, the update uses a _lot_ more resources than previous versions. Must
be
time to upgrade this old box on my desk.

Yeah, my year old Dell takes a little longer to run the optimization
routine. This may be because you can now select 5 different way to optimize
each indivisual sheet.

Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

You click to select a part form the part list, then right click and select
Add/Edit Note. A window pops up and you type your note. Then the part
number box for that part has a small RED triangle in the upper right hand
corner indicating that there is a note linked to this part. If you hover
your cursor over that part number the note appears.

Thanks ... I'm too busy using the program to have _ever_ figured that out!

Too bad you can't print the "note", or can you?

Also, the update uses a _lot_ more resources than previous versions.

Must
be
time to upgrade this old box on my desk.

Yeah, my year old Dell takes a little longer to run the optimization
routine. This may be because you can now select 5 different way to

optimize
each indivisual sheet.

I find that when I close the program my mouse jumps around the screen,
apparently as it releases it resources (haven't seen that behavior since Win
3.1) ... could be I just have too many memory resident programs running
anyway.

All in all, its a good upgrade. I thought the price for the CD is a little
steep, though.

Thanks, Leon ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message

Thanks ... I'm too busy using the program to have _ever_ figured that out!

Too bad you can't print the "note", or can you?

Not from the program it appears. Edit the note then copy past it onto
another program.

I find that when I close the program my mouse jumps around the screen,
apparently as it releases it resources (haven't seen that behavior since
Win
3.1) ... could be I just have too many memory resident programs running
anyway.

I do not see that. I am however running 512 meg memory with about 8
programs running in the back ground.

All in all, its a good upgrade. I thought the price for the CD is a little
steep, though.

Yeah but it beats what most vendors charge for a version change. ;~)

Last update: 11/06/04