JB

Default Any comments on SteelTek 41" tool chest at Sams?

Hello all,

Sams has a 41" stainless steel tool chest on casters (I believe) made by
SteelTek. My Sams has it for $636. It seems pretty well built. Has
anybody purchased one of these who could give a review?

Thanks,
Joel

Leon

"JB" wrote in message
Hello all,

Sams has a 41" stainless steel tool chest on casters (I believe) made by
SteelTek. My Sams has it for $636. It seems pretty well built. Has
anybody purchased one of these who could give a review?

No review but I have looking at that tool box for year now. At the web site
I found that there are 2 styles available. One style had full width drawers
on the bottom box and the other style had 2 columns of drawers in the bottom
box. The stainless steel should last for ever but will be heavier than the
standard steel that most boxes are from. The price is a steal IMHO the
closest match would be the Husky tool boxes at HD that are usually $999.

Thomas Bunetta

I bought one...
The drawer above the bottom three drawers drags a little, but that's the
only negative.
Have a friend (or chainfall) to set the top onto the base!
I mounted a piece of 3/4 plywood onto the two sections on the back and with
hooks, trays and custom hangers have many of the more commonly used wood
working tools mounted there.
All my friends (both of 'em ;) love the box, and I condensed two Craftsman
boxes into it.
Tom

"JB" wrote in message
Hello all,

Sams has a 41" stainless steel tool chest on casters (I believe) made by
SteelTek. My Sams has it for $636. It seems pretty well built. Has
anybody purchased one of these who could give a review?

Thanks,
Joel

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Thomas Bunetta, Curtis A wrote:
I just picked up one of these as a restoration project and the casters are
gone. I'm have a difficult time finding the correct bolt/thread to screw into
the casters mounting holes.. the bolts on the side for the handles are m8 1.25
but they are different for the casters. Tried m8 1.0 and m7 1.0. if anyone
can pull a bolt and size it. I would appreciate it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ms-330661-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Curtis A, Dan M wrote:
I just put new casters on mine. I purchased new SS button head screws M8 1.25
X 3/4" (a little longer than original). I determined bolt size by taking an
old one to Lowe's and used their sizing thing. I stripped heads on some of
old button head screws and determined it was cheaper to buy a bag of 25 on
Amazon rather than buy an alternative screw at Lowe's, since they didn't have
the button head screws that size. I just replaced all of them. I figured
longer was better anyway. New screws worked perfectly. While I had
everything unloaded, I completely cleaned and waxed chest. Now looks as good
as new.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ms-330661-.htm