DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drying burl and craft wood. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91866-drying-burl-craft-wood.html)

burlhunter February 19th 05 02:53 PM

Drying burl and craft wood.

We have been cutting collecting and selling wood for quite sometime
offering it as is green or standing dead, Air dried, We would like to
include some kiln dry but have been unsucessful at finding infomation on
drying burl and unique wood such as Apple, peach, pear, Spalted
everything, rounds, slabed limbs crotch wood, redbud, yew, lilac,
arbrovate etc, Freek and unique craft wood. Looking for Cheep here as in
Air conditioner in insulated box. Thank you

[email protected] March 3rd 05 05:13 AM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:53:37 -0500, "burlhunter"
wrote:

We have been cutting collecting and selling wood for quite sometime
offering it as is green or standing dead, Air dried, We would like to
include some kiln dry but have been unsucessful at finding infomation on
drying burl and unique wood such as Apple, peach, pear, Spalted
everything, rounds, slabed limbs crotch wood, redbud, yew, lilac,
arbrovate etc, Freek and unique craft wood. Looking for Cheep here as in
Air conditioner in insulated box. Thank you

if other responses haven't shown up yet, you should check out the
woodweb, and more specifically, the wood doctor, gene wengert, who
gives advice on harvesting/drying wood...
in particular, there is good starting info on building a solar kiln,
which can be an effective, inexpensive, and reliable way to dry
wood...

charleyy

eof