Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
joeD

Default Bandsaw problem; G0555 (long)

My Grizzly G0555 came last week and after the initial setup everything
seemed pretty good, blade was square to the table, fence seemed to be pretty
nice and the wheels were coplanar. Even after adding a riser. The blade that
came with it sucked right off the bat so I didn't put much time into setting
up the guides knowing I would be ordering new blades. Made some quick
adjustments and started playing around doing some test cuts but the blade
seemed to burn most anything I put near it. So I pretty much left it alone.
It did seem to burn (cut) straight though.

Well today my Timberwolfs arrived. I put a 1/2" 3 tpi on and adjusted the
guides fairly low to the table then went to find a sacrificial piece of wood
to try it out on. When I raised the guide I realized the thrust bearing (is
that right?) was hitting the back of the blade. So went to readjust it and
had to bring it out almost a 1/4". Seems the guide post is not lined up
properly. Grizzly suggested shimming under the riser which worked, but then
the wheels were not coplanar. The top wheel needed to come out almost 1/4".
This didn't seem like a problem since I never throw away a piece of hardware
but putting 2 washers on the back of the wheel leaves me only enough thread
for half the bolt.

I did take the riser off and the stock 6" guide was off about half so I
don't think the riser is the problem.

Grizzly offered to first send a new upper portion of the bandsaw and if that
doesn't work they will replace the whole saw. But I want to make sure I am
not missing something or doing something wrong before I do this. Also I am
afraid what I get could be worse. Being new a total bandsaw noob I need to
know if these problems are normal or am I expecting to much? And mostly what
would you do?

BTW the saw seems to cut nice, plenty of power. I cut some slices from a six
inch piece of cherry and the thickness was pretty even according to my dial
indicator.

SONY 35" Dual PIP -Video Blackout Problem papo Electronics Repair 20 February 28th 05 09:46 PM
Viewsonic Vertical Problem Scott Nielson Electronics Repair 6 May 15th 04 05:02 PM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM
Problem with JET Supersaw problem dteckie Woodworking 3 September 16th 03 12:45 AM