DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   will rigid mobile base work with delta saws (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91645-will-rigid-mobile-base-work-delta-saws.html)

new wood worker February 17th 05 05:39 PM

will rigid mobile base work with delta saws

Hi All,

I just purchased the Delta 36-675 from Home Depot. It took me a while
to put it together and its in one piece. Its so heavy so I need to get
a mobile base. I like the Rigid Herculift. Does anyone know if this
will work on this saw. It sells $49 at Home Depot. I'm also open to
other units, provided its about the same price. Any help is
appreciated.

Duane Bozarth February 17th 05 07:15 PM

new wood worker wrote:

Hi All,

....Does anyone know if this
will work on this saw. ...

All you need to know is the dimensions of the saw footprint and the
dimensions of the base....I'd caution on cheapies that the wheels may
not be sufficiently stout to make the movement easy...

But if you're looking for cheap, I bought a $16 set from an advertiser
on eBay and w/ a section of square tubing and a little hand filing
modified it to extend large enough for my planer. Total cost about
$25. Works adequately, not great but I don't move the planer that far.