DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mini Hobby Lathe??? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91366-mini-hobby-lathe.html)

Gregg February 16th 05 02:40 AM

Mini Hobby Lathe???

Hello all

I am in the market for a mini hobby lathe, any suggestions? Has anyone
bought a lathe from Harbor Freight?
Need some help, Thanks in advance-
Wanting to make small things like pens and dont have the money for the high
dollar lathes.

--
Thanks,
Gregg

wood addict February 16th 05 04:51 AM

Save your pennies and buy the JET!! You won't be sorry

wood addict

Will February 16th 05 06:14 AM

best info is on

Gregg wrote:
Hello all

I am in the market for a mini hobby lathe, any suggestions? Has anyone
bought a lathe from Harbor Freight?
Need some help, Thanks in advance-
Wanting to make small things like pens and dont have the money for the high
dollar lathes.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

J T February 16th 05 06:37 AM

Tue, Feb 15, 2005, 8:40pm (EST-1) (Gregg) asks:
snip Has anyone bought a lathe from Harbor Freight? snip

Yep. Probably hundreds of people. I got mine several years ago.
It's 37" between centers, I wouldn't have a mini. I figure mine can do
anything a mini can, plus turn a baseball bat, if I want one. I'm quite
happy with mine, it's on a shopmade stand. Ran me around $125 I
believe.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold