DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   [OT] Hiatis from Woodworking (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91357-%5Bot%5D-hiatis-woodworking.html)

Lawrence L'Hote February 15th 05 11:21 PM

[OT] Hiatis from Woodworking

Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a portrait.
See @
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/woman4big.jpg

Do you recognize the subject? Hint: Space down

She used to work for H.P.

If you're interested, here is a whole page of this kind of stuff.
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/gallery.htm

Larry

--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

J February 16th 05 12:36 AM

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a

portrait.
See @
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/woman4big.jpg

Do you recognize the subject? Hint: Space down

What kind of madman uses her as a subject?
You should do sculptures of jesus instead.
Tell people you just pulled the wire out of the wall and the portrait
appeared.

-j

Doug Miller February 16th 05 12:53 AM

In article DtvQd.947$g44.165@attbi_s54, "Lawrence L'Hote" wrote:
Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a portrait.
See @
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/woman4big.jpg

Do you recognize the subject? Hint: Space down

She used to work for H.P.

Nancy Pelosi used to work for HP????? g,d&r

If you're interested, here is a whole page of this kind of stuff.
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/gallery.htm

Cool stuff, Larry.

--
Regards,

Tom Watson February 16th 05 01:00 AM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:21:07 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote"
wrote:

Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a portrait.
See @

She used to work for H.P.

I am happy to report that she has come totally unwired.

Not in time, unfortunately.

watson - who thinks that the next one should visit the garage for a
few minutes - and really think about it.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Andy Dingley February 16th 05 03:32 AM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:36:28 -0800, "J" wrote:

What kind of madman uses her as a subject?

Chainsaw carving of Kali ? I'm up for that !

Madman ? _This_ kind of madman, that's who. Best job I'd ever had, my
job at HP Labs - scuppered to cut headcount before her megalomaniac
merger plans.

patrick conroy February 16th 05 03:43 AM

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a
portrait.

Nice work!

[ dammit anuth'a person on this earth will a helluvalota talent! ]

Larry Bud February 16th 05 04:53 AM

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:
Because of the cold, I've been out of the woodshop for the past

couple of
weeks working on some copper wire sculptures. I'm finishing up a

portrait.
See @
http://home.mchsi.com/~llhote/gallery/woman4big.jpg

Do you recognize the subject? Hint: Space down

She used to work for H.P.

If you made it out of copper traces from an HP motherboard, then you'd
have something.

Lawrence L'Hote February 16th 05 04:07 PM

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Wow...you got more on your mind than sawdust...

How much for one of them pieces ???

I don't sell my stuff. Usually, I just give it to someone who shows
interest and is worthy.

Larry

Lawrence L'Hote February 16th 05 04:58 PM

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
It's very pretty stuff...

Thank you all for the nice comments. Today it's warmed up and I can open my
shop/garage door and use my saw. I need to make some panels to mount a few
of these wire things on. Maybe, some of that particle board(aka termite
barf) I picked out of a dumpster a few weeks back will be useful.

Larry

J February 16th 05 05:53 PM

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Wow...you got more on your mind than sawdust...

How much for one of them pieces ???

I don't sell my stuff. Usually, I just give it to someone who shows
interest and is worthy.

Larry

Send it to Dingley. I have a feeling he could mount it on a cork backing and
practice the fine art of throwing chainsaws.

-j