DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Modular Sharpening Station Plans (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91225-modular-sharpening-station-plans.html)

Jay Pique February 15th 05 01:07 AM

Modular Sharpening Station Plans

So I've been thinking. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do
it right. Or at least as right as I can, given financial and other
going concerns at the then current time.

Sooooo..... I want a station at which I can sit, but where I can also
stand up and really put some ass into it. You know what I mean. In
any event, I'm thinking of a shallow basin in which to place a
ScarySharp set-up, a low rpm grinder and any other dedicated
machinery/tooling combos that I might need. I'd like to be able to
also use it as my water supply for all projects, so I'm planning on a
water hookup as well as some type of drain. (Possibly a 5 gallon
bucket). I'm thinking something that has nice sturdy drawers on the
sides for stones and jigs etc..., but also portable, durable and
FUNCTIONAL. I'm either going to tile it, or line it with roofing
rubber. Tile'd be nicer but rubber less prone to cracking.

Who knows. ScarySharp is efficient when you've got a bunch of blades
to do, but stones are flatter. Sharp is sharp. Or ist it...

JP

Jay Pique February 15th 05 01:30 AM

Jay Pique wrote:

So I've been thinking. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do
it right. Or at least as right as I can, given financial and other
going concerns at the then current time.

As right as rain, I'm hoping....

Sooooo..... I want a station at which I can sit, but where I can also
stand up and really put some ass into it. You know what I mean. In
any event, I'm thinking of a shallow basin in which to place a
ScarySharp set-up, a low rpm grinder and any other dedicated
machinery/tooling combos that I might need. I'd like to be able to
also use it as my water supply for all projects, so I'm planning on a
water hookup as well as some type of drain. (Possibly a 5 gallon
bucket). I'm thinking something that has nice sturdy drawers on the
sides for stones and jigs etc..., but also portable, durable and
FUNCTIONAL. I'm either going to tile it, or line it with roofing
rubber. Tile'd be nicer but rubber less prone to cracking.

I want an H2O hookup so I can properly cleanse my stones.

Who knows. ScarySharp is efficient when you've got a bunch of blades
to do, but stones are flatter. Sharp is sharp. Or ist it...

I still want those shaptons, albeit at 50% off retaill....

JP