Default Any disadvantage of 12" SCMS versus 10" SCMS

Am looking at either Bosch or Makita 10 or 12" SCMS to finish the trim
and flooring in a house I am building. Is there any disadvantage to
using a 12" versus a 10" other than cost and a bit more weight.

Am installing some fairly wide cove molding - thought the 12" might
come in handy.

Wess

Go with the 10" saws, the 12's deflect too much for my liking. Cut your
crown on the flat, a much better way to do it anyway.

toolguy

I'd go with the 12" if I was buying again. I've got the 10" Makita.
Great saw but I have needed to cut past it's limits many times. I
would not hesitate on the 12" if I had the cash and space.

Neil

Keep an eye out for the Dewalt dual bevel. I picked up a refurb for
$209 at a WW show. For that price, I guess it's OK. I had sold my
Hitachi 8.5" SCMS in favor of a CMS that can be place on a 24" wide
bench. The sliders take another 6" or so.