Sev

Default Free Woodworking Report Available

Check this out - good info if you're thinking of starting a business:

http://free.profitfromwood.com/

Enjoy!
Sev

dzine

And revels in the spelling mistakes.

Jeff P.

You've got that right. His spelling and grammar are amazing. You'd think
someone that plans on writing a book would at least have a command of the
English language.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"dzine" wrote in message
oups.com...
And revels in the spelling mistakes.

Rob Hall

I am very suspicious. I am in the process of starting up a small
woodworking business. I figure I can learn from anyone (even if I have to
disregard 95% or what I am told). So when I went to download, Explorer
started acting real goofy and I never downloaded anything (that I know of).
So I am off to update Norton definitions and run a system scan.
Just beware.
Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan
"Sev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Check this out - good info if you're thinking of starting a business:

http://free.profitfromwood.com/

Enjoy!
Sev

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Rob Hall wrote:
I am very suspicious. I am in the process of starting up a small
woodworking business. I figure I can learn from anyone (even if I have to
disregard 95% or what I am told). So when I went to download, Explorer
started acting real goofy and I never downloaded anything (that I know of).
So I am off to update Norton definitions and run a system scan.
Just beware.

The beware *IS*JUSTIFIED*. on several counts.

First, the "free" (a $29.95 value) report is just a come-on for a $497
"one year subscription" that supposedly has a "value" in excess of $2,400.

Second, The page for the 'full outline' is all ENCRYPTED JavaScript.
I can't think of any _legitimate_ reason for that. But I can come up
with lots of illegitimate ones. It doesn't appear to be "heavily"
encrypted, but I havn't gone through and decrypted it, to see what it
is _really_ doing.

*IF* you feel compelled to visit the site. I would *STRONGLY*RECOMMEND*
using a browser where you can (and _have_) disabled JavasSript.

Note: I don't believe it is possible to turn off javascript in anything
approaching a recent version of Internet Explorer.

Swingman

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

Note: I don't believe it is possible to turn off javascript in anything
approaching a recent version of Internet Explorer.

According to the security settings for IE 6.x, you can. Why do you believe
that you can't?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Swingman wrote:
"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

Note: I don't believe it is possible to turn off javascript in anything
approaching a recent version of Internet Explorer.

According to the security settings for IE 6.x, you can. Why do you believe
that you can't?

Why do I believe that? Because that's what reliable sources told me, some
time ago. This _was_ at least a couple of versions back, but MS
had decided that javascript was _not_ optional anymore, although _Java_
remained optional.

If they've reversed that policy decision, *GREAT*. I'm stunned, shocked,
and amazed, that MS would _allow_ users to turn off a 'feature' that
provides lots of 'flash and sizzle', along with a bunch of security risks.

Historically anything that fit that description they've forced down your
throat. wry grin

I don't use MSIE _at_all_; I don't have direct experience, and do have to
rely on what I hear from my professional peers that do "know what they're
talking about" in that regard.

Swingman

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

Why do I believe that? Because that's what reliable sources told me,

some
time ago.

Well, I figured that you knew something I didn't - not that you don't know
plenty that I don't - but if I am not mistaken, you have always been
able to disable the Java VM, at least since it was included in the recent
versions of IE.

Historically anything that fit that description they've forced down your
throat. wry grin

Can't argue with that ...

I don't use MSIE _at_all_; I don't have direct experience, and do have to
rely on what I hear from my professional peers that do "know what they're
talking about" in that regard.

Morale: I've learned to be careful about what someone who "knew what they're
talking about" told be if I didn't know the answer first myself,
particularly from my "networking peers" who "don't do MSFT". ;)

That said ... MSFT "says" that you can disable JavaScript, and I believe
that you actually can in the latest version ... but, like you I don't
believe a damn thing they say and always want to test/verify each iteration
to make sure they aren't just blowing smoke.

swingman ... who is plenty sick and tired of applying seemingly endless MSFT
security patches to upwards of 30 boxes a month, and dreads seeing the
latest "Microsoft Security Bulletin" arrive ... the one last week had SEVEN
"critical" patches that needed to be applied!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Abe

Second, The page for the 'full outline' is all ENCRYPTED JavaScript.
I can't think of any _legitimate_ reason for that. But I can come up
with lots of illegitimate ones. It doesn't appear to be "heavily"
encrypted, but I havn't gone through and decrypted it, to see what it
is _really_ doing.

*IF* you feel compelled to visit the site. I would *STRONGLY*RECOMMEND*
using a browser where you can (and _have_) disabled JavasSript.

Note: I don't believe it is possible to turn off javascript in anything
approaching a recent version of Internet Explorer.

--------
To disable Javascript in IE6:
1. Click Tools.
2. Select Internet options
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click the Internet icon.
5. Click the Custom level button.
6. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets, and select the Disable
option.
7. Click OK twice.

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Abe wrote:
[...]

BZZZZT! _That_ disables _JAVA_. *Not* Javascript. The two are *entirely*
different things, linked =only= by an 'apparent' (*misleadingly* so) common
root name.

Abe

To disable Javascript in IE6:
1. Click Tools.
2. Select Internet options
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click the Internet icon.
5. Click the Custom level button.
6. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets, and select the Disable
option.
7. Click OK twice.

BZZZZT! _That_ disables _JAVA_. *Not* Javascript. The two are *entirely*
different things, linked =only= by an 'apparent' (*misleadingly* so) common
root name.

BZZZZZT! right back. If you look at:
and read the section: Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.01, 5.5, 6:
you'll see the note that says:
NOTE: In Internet Explorer, the term "Active scripting" or "ActiveX
scripting" refers to both Microsoft JScript scripting and Microsoft
Visual Basic Scripting Edition. When you complete this procedure, you
disable both types of scripts.