DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bandsaw upper wheel play- normal? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/90442-bandsaw-upper-wheel-play-normal.html)

Mark Howell February 9th 05 01:32 PM

Bandsaw upper wheel play- normal?

I was looking at my Jet 16" bandsaw and I noticed
that the upper wheel has some side play. I thought
the upper wheel should only adjust vertically for
tensioning, and pivot vertically for tracking. When
I detensioned and took the blade off, it has a
huge amount of horizontal movement. All I want
to know is if that is normal. Thanks

Olebiker February 9th 05 03:21 PM

I found the same thing with my Grizzly when I changed the tires last
week. Looking at the design, it appears to be intentional.

Dick Durbin
Tallahassee

TeamCasa February 9th 05 04:04 PM

Nope. I have the same saw and the top wheel has no play. Call Jet, they
respond very well to problems in my experience.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

mac davis February 9th 05 04:13 PM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:32:11 GMT, "Mark Howell" wrote:

I was looking at my Jet 16" bandsaw and I noticed
that the upper wheel has some side play. I thought
the upper wheel should only adjust vertically for
tensioning, and pivot vertically for tracking. When
I detensioned and took the blade off, it has a
huge amount of horizontal movement. All I want
to know is if that is normal. Thanks

If you have side play without tension, I'd guess that would be normal..

Any play while under tension would be a very big problem with tracking..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing