DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SWMBO (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/90394-swmbo.html)

PDQ February 8th 05 10:53 PM

If you are ever curious about any other acronyms, look them up here

=
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...onym=3Dswmbo&=
Find=3DFind

SWMBO =3D She Who Must Be Obeyed =20

--=20

PDQ
--
=20
"Chris" wrote in message =
| What does this stand for? SWMBO
|=20

Chris February 8th 05 11:03 PM

SWMBO

What does this stand for? SWMBO

John Hibbs February 8th 05 11:12 PM

She Who Must Be Obeyed

OldNick February 9th 05 12:12 AM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:03:15 -0500, "Chris"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

She Who Must Be Obeyed. A phrase originally handed to Adam by God,
amongst other advice for survival.

What does this stand for? SWMBO

Dave in Fairfax February 9th 05 12:37 AM

OldNick wrote:
She Who Must Be Obeyed. A phrase originally handed to Adam by God,
amongst other advice for survival.

H Ryder Haggard was God?
http://www.bralyn.net/etext/literatu...aggard/she.txt

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

David Fosdike February 9th 05 12:53 AM

"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message
OldNick wrote:
She Who Must Be Obeyed. A phrase originally handed to Adam by God,
amongst other advice for survival.

H Ryder Haggard was God?
http://www.bralyn.net/etext/literatu...aggard/she.txt

and made more famous by John Mortimer's character "Rumpole of the Bailey",
keenly watched by millions when made into a TV series by the BBC. Rumpole
always referred to his wife, Hilda, this way, but never to her face. See
http://www.tvheaven.ca/rumpole.htm and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078680/

Dave in Fairfax

Joe Wells February 9th 05 01:13 AM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:03:15 -0500, Chris wrote:

What does this stand for? SWMBO

Sweaty Women Make Ben Ogle
Sacred Witch of the Moon-Bow Order
Sunny Weather Masonic Brigade Official
Sanctioned Workers Marching Briskly Overland
and so on...

--
Joe Wells

Allyn Vaughn February 9th 05 02:13 AM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:13:27 -0600, Joe Wells
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:03:15 -0500, Chris wrote:

What does this stand for? SWMBO

Sweaty Women Make Ben Ogle
Sacred Witch of the Moon-Bow Order
Sunny Weather Masonic Brigade Official
Sanctioned Workers Marching Briskly Overland
and so on...

Some Women (Wives) May Be Overbearing
Some Workshops Make Better Outhouses
and so on...

Allyn

Silvan February 9th 05 05:47 AM

Allyn Vaughn wrote:

Sweaty Women Make Ben Ogle
Sacred Witch of the Moon-Bow Order
Sunny Weather Masonic Brigade Official
Sanctioned Workers Marching Briskly Overland
and so on...

Some Women (Wives) May Be Overbearing
Some Workshops Make Better Outhouses
and so on...

Slutty Women Make the Best Orgies
Stultifying Women May Be Omnipresent
Serpentine Women May Be Oviparous

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

OldNick February 9th 05 05:59 AM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:37:07 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

OldNick wrote:
She Who Must Be Obeyed. A phrase originally handed to Adam by God,
amongst other advice for survival.

H Ryder Haggard was God?
http://www.bralyn.net/etext/literatu...aggard/she.txt

Dave in Fairfax

God only whispered it to Adam. Haggard either borrowed it, or
innocently repeated it.

I know this not through some dicine conduit, bit because He MUST have
said it. It's THE basic rule!

[email protected] February 9th 05 05:50 PM

Chris wrote:
What does this stand for? SWMBO

Mine won't stand for much, I can tell you that.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Dave Hinz February 9th 05 06:47 PM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:50:07 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
Chris wrote:
What does this stand for? SWMBO

Mine won't stand for much, I can tell you that.

Doesn't stand to pee, either.

Badger February 13th 05 09:27 PM

John Hibbs wrote:

She Who Must Be Obeyed

I perfer SWTSMBO

Rick Cook February 14th 05 08:45 AM

Badger wrote:

John Hibbs wrote:

She Who Must Be Obeyed

I perfer SWTSMBO

Son, you're either not married, haven't been married very long, or she's
got you _completely_ fooled.

--RC

J. Clarke February 15th 05 04:38 AM

Chris wrote:

What does this stand for? SWMBO

Ayesha, the 2000 year young Egyptian priestess in H. Rider Haggard's
"She" (if you prefer a movie to a book I suggest the Ursula Andress version
and not one of the dozen or so others--might not be as good from a literary
viewpoint but it's got the full Hollywood treatment and Ursula in her prime
in that costume is worth a look) was known to her subjects as "She Who Must
Be Obeyed" and Very Bad Things happened to anyone who neglected that rule.
Later used in other contexts, most notably "Rumpole of the Bailey".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Badger February 17th 05 10:21 PM

Rick Cook wrote:

I perfer SWTSMBO

Son, you're either not married, haven't been married very long, or she's
got you _completely_ fooled.

--RC

the latter, make me feel good though ;-)

Swingman February 18th 05 11:23 AM

Son, you're either not married, haven't been married very long, or she's
got you _completely_ fooled.

Yeah ... what's that the poor fool said about him being in charge of all the
major issues of life, and his wife the minor? He decides things like whether
they should be in favor of a trade policy with China, whether global warming
is indeed a fact, and whether to join the Kyota accords: and she decides the
minor issues, like which house to buy, how much they spend, what kind of car
they drive, who takes out the garbage, etc.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04