DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Morris chest of drawers..worth anything? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/90210-morris-chest-drawers-worth-anything.html)

T February 7th 05 11:15 PM

Morris chest of drawers..worth anything?

This is a follow up to my other post...I'm restoring an old chest o' drawers
and got looking at it today, inside one of the top drawers there's a brand
burned into it, saying

Cottage Collection (in cursive)
SOLID BIRCH
by
MORRIS (in cursive)
The brand is outlined in sort of a shield-type design.

I was wondering if this old piece might be worth something? I bought it at a
yard sale as a restoration project, it was a little busted up but I've
managed to repair it nicely. The finish on the top is trashed - it probably
bounced around 20 different houses over the years, but the wood is sound. I
doubt if it's worth much, but thought I'd ask, since I don't know squat
about old furniture except for what I like and what I can remake into
something useful. Besides, for five bucks, I didn't get hurt either way.
Thanks for your expertise.

Tony

Joe Gorman February 8th 05 03:52 PM

T wrote:
[...]

Well, a quick search on alltheweb show it could be a reproduction
http://alltheweb.com/search?advanced...2005&h its=10
Joe

Andy Dingley February 8th 05 08:38 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:15:18 -0700, "T" wrote:

I'm restoring an old chest o' drawers

Cottage Collection (in cursive)
SOLID BIRCH

If it's birch, it's not old. Nor if it says "solid".