DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Slightly OT : Not sure where to find this (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/89954-slightly-ot-not-sure-where-find.html)

Junkyard Engineer February 6th 05 01:33 PM

Slightly OT : Not sure where to find this

I'm almost done building a baby cradle. Looks great !

It swings well but I thought it could be interesting to add a small motor to
swing it. I've googled around but all I can find is already mounted on
something.

Anybody heard about a retrofit manual crank or battery powered motor for
cradles ?

tia

Ray February 6th 05 02:44 PM

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
I'm almost done building a baby cradle. Looks great !

It swings well but I thought it could be interesting to add a small motor
to swing it. I've googled around but all I can find is already mounted on
something.

Anybody heard about a retrofit manual crank or battery powered motor for
cradles ?

tia

I would try a yard sale and look for one of those motorized swings that use
batteries. You could probably get the motor to mount on your cradle.

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net

Buddy Matlosz February 7th 05 12:08 AM

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
I'm almost done building a baby cradle. Looks great !

It swings well but I thought it could be interesting to add a small motor

swing it. I've googled around but all I can find is already mounted on
something.

Anybody heard about a retrofit manual crank or battery powered motor for
cradles ?

If you're willing to use a manual crank, you can rock it by hand for free.

B.

Rob Mitchell February 7th 05 02:28 AM

I think motorizing it might be harder than you think. You want to keep
the natural swinging pendulum motion. How will you attach the motor to
do that?

I've never seen a motorized cradle before, perhaps there's a good reason
why.

If you really do want to motorize it, you can usually find gear motors
on ebay reasonably priced, or else perhaps use a barbecue rotiserie motor.

Rob

Herman Munster February 7th 05 12:46 PM

Back when we were at that stage we had a clip on vibrator. (and no not that
kind)
The gentle vibrations acted like a car and would knock them right out, and
would
slowly turn itself off after about 15 mins. Worked like a charm. No
modifications
to your new cradle. I think it was about $15 at Baby Superstore or place
like that.
HM

firstjois February 7th 05 03:58 PM

Herman Munster wrote:
Back when we were at that stage we had a clip on vibrator. (and no
not that kind)
The gentle vibrations acted like a car and would knock them right
out, and would
slowly turn itself off after about 15 mins. Worked like a charm. No
modifications
to your new cradle. I think it was about $15 at Baby Superstore or
place like that.
HM

Seems to me an automatic shut off would be important!

Josie