Joey

Default Dust Boy dust collectors

Hi
Any of ya own one of these. Like it dislike it?. Does the majority of
material wind up in the can?
Joe

George

"Joey" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
Any of ya own one of these. Like it dislike it?. Does the majority of
material wind up in the can?
Joe

I own the Delta version, and _everything_ ends up in the can until the can
gets too full. JET makes one, too.

Joey

Thanks didn't know about Delta. BTW do you know if trash bags be used
with these or will they get sucked up into the impeller

George

"Joey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks didn't know about Delta. BTW do you know if trash bags be used
with these or will they get sucked up into the impeller

They collapse. The trash can lifts easily with handles, sits on a 3-wheeled
dolly.

Layne

Penn State makes a doodad that allows you to use a trash bag in your
DC can:

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...gory_Code=CYAC

I've never used it personally so I can't comment on it.

Layne

On 3 Feb 2005 11:10:35 -0800, "Joey" wrote:

Thanks didn't know about Delta. BTW do you know if trash bags be used
with these or will they get sucked up into the impeller

Fly-by-Night CC

In article , "George" george@least
wrote:

I own the Delta version, and _everything_ ends up in the can until the can
gets too full. JET makes one, too.

I've looked at these types of units and for the life of me I can't
understand why they cost so much! In the Dust Boy's case it's over $500.
I believe Delta's and Jet's are in the $400 neighborhood.

I'm considering just making one of my own from a blower and filter parts.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Unisaw A100

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
I've looked at these types of units and for the life of me I can't
understand why they cost so much! In the Dust Boy's case it's over $500.
I believe Delta's and Jet's are in the $400 neighborhood.

Ditto what Owen said and the only thing I can think of is
that in the past the blowers for drum top collectors have
always been made from cast aluminum. I know the recent
offering have/are been stamped steel and they really should
be as cheap as dirt, or dust even.

I'm considering just making one of my own from a blower and filter parts.

As am I. I was lucky enough to find a 1 horse Cincinnati
Blower that looks like it's destined to be a dedicated
sander collector (sitting right next to the machine/short
pipe run.

UA100
George

news
wrote:

I own the Delta version, and _everything_ ends up in the can until the

can
gets too full. JET makes one, too.

I've looked at these types of units and for the life of me I can't
understand why they cost so much! In the Dust Boy's case it's over $500.
I believe Delta's and Jet's are in the $400 neighborhood.

I'm considering just making one of my own from a blower and filter parts.

Mine was 270, my kid's 312. The JET is 330 from Klingspor, 350 at Amazon.