Renata

Default Shop Smith Bandsaw

Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Dave Hall

Renata wrote:
Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Check ebay. Shopsmith bandsaws sell all the time. Value is obviously
dependent on condition and also whether it has the older small cast
iron table or the newer aluminum table with fence. BTW, why won't you
ever use the bandsaw? While it is small (11" with a 6" max resaw
capacity) it is generally considered to be high quality and with the
Shopsmith's variable speed, it is quite versitile.

Dave Hall

Leon

"Renata" wrote in message
Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Any Value??? You are selling it not buying it, right? There might be value
to you if you kept it but its value will be gone after you sell it. Will it
be worth selling? Maybe if you find some one that already owns a ShopSmith
and is looking for an add on band saw. IIRC resale value on the whole kit'n
kaboodle is pretty low. Holding on to the band saw and offering it with the
whole set up if you decide to sell it all may give you an edge over the many
others that are trying to unload theirs with out the band saw. Other wise I
think you are going to have to find someone that really likes their Shop
Smith and wants to add a used band saw to the mix.

mac davis

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:14:39 -0500, Renata
wrote:

Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

As Dave said, try Ebay...

I watch most of the shopsmith stuff, and parts sell for more that
whole machines...

joeD

I did an e-bay search of completed listing for "shopsmith bandsaw" and they
seem to go around $250 give or take.

If you don't use it sell and buy something you need or want.

"Renata" wrote in message
Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Dave Hall

wrote:

Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure

wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

As Dave said, try Ebay...

I watch most of the shopsmith stuff, and parts sell for more that
whole machines...

Hell, a lot of Shopsmith parts sell on ebay for as much or more than
new. I have been looking for a front extension for a model 500. It
sells for about $40 or so new. I have seen them sell on ebay for
upwards of $65. A lot of other stuff sells for around new cost when you
include shipping. The bandsaws sell fairly well on ebay, too. The main
units take a real beating pricewise on ebay though.

Dave Hall

Renata

I have the Delta 14", bought a couple/three years ago.

Repeatedly, I think about selling the whole thing, and buying a
replacement drill press, but not sure that I would splurge for the
lathe since (at the moment) I don't use it. But the lathe was fun
when I did use it, so I kinda come around to hanging on to the thing -
in case I ever feel a hankering to do some turning. ANd, we come full
circle...

Anyway, ebay's a great idea. I have some other junk, ah, I mean
valuable possessions, of which I need to divest myself, so I'll just
throw the bandsaw into the "pile".

Thanx
Renata

On 3 Feb 2005 07:47:07 -0800, "Dave Hall" wrote:

Renata wrote:
Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Check ebay. Shopsmith bandsaws sell all the time. Value is obviously
dependent on condition and also whether it has the older small cast
iron table or the newer aluminum table with fence. BTW, why won't you
ever use the bandsaw? While it is small (11" with a 6" max resaw
capacity) it is generally considered to be high quality and with the
Shopsmith's variable speed, it is quite versitile.

Dave Hall

Renata

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:23:15 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Renata" wrote in message
.. .
Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure I
wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

Any Value??? You are selling it not buying it, right? There might be value
to you if you kept it but its value will be gone after you sell it. Will it
be worth selling? Maybe if you find some one that already owns a ShopSmith
and is looking for an add on band saw. IIRC resale value on the whole kit'n
kaboodle is pretty low.

Hmm. A few years ago they were fetching around a grand plus. I don't
think that's so low (unless you bought the thing new).
Has the value gone down? Or, you just rich? ;-)

Renata

Holding on to the band saw and offering it with the
whole set up if you decide to sell it all may give you an edge over the many
others that are trying to unload theirs with out the band saw. Other wise I
think you are going to have to find someone that really likes their Shop
Smith and wants to add a used band saw to the mix.

mac davis

wrote:

Any value to selling just the bandsaw (and blades) part, ya think?

I'm not quite ready to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle, but not sure

wanna haul around a bandsaw I'll never use.

Renata

As Dave said, try Ebay...

I watch most of the shopsmith stuff, and parts sell for more that
whole machines...

Hell, a lot of Shopsmith parts sell on ebay for as much or more than
new. I have been looking for a front extension for a model 500. It
sells for about $40 or so new. I have seen them sell on ebay for
upwards of $65. A lot of other stuff sells for around new cost when you
include shipping. The bandsaws sell fairly well on ebay, too. The main
units take a real beating pricewise on ebay though.

Dave Hall

yeah, I was looking for a couple of things... a biscuit jointer and an extra
drill chuck...
I gave up when I saw several of each sell for as much or more as they were
priced on the SS page... and usually with a lot more shipping and "handling"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

selling a bandsaw to someone who doesn't do curves... Silvan Woodworking 37 January 20th 05 07:22 AM
Shop electrical safety designs Brett A. Thomas Woodworking 18 December 10th 04 07:45 AM
Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
CLOSE CALL - SMOKE ALARM IN THE SHOP? T. Woodworking 47 December 6th 03 04:35 AM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM