DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OK to sub 60" blade for 59-1/2" blade? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/89319-ok-sub-60%22-blade-59-1-2%22-blade.html)

LMark_1066 February 2nd 05 12:00 AM

OK to sub 60" blade for 59-1/2" blade?

Hi!

I'm a little new to bandsawing, so any help would be appreciated. I
bought a Delta 9" bandsaw BS100 that works very well. However I need
additional blades. I want bi-metal blades since they would seem to be
more durable. However, 59-1/2" is not a common pre-made size. Sixty
inches, though, does appear to be a common pre-made size. Will the 60"
blades work OK on a saw designed for 59-1/2"? Sorry if this is a dumb
question.

Thanks,

Mark

Charlie Self February 2nd 05 12:51 AM

LMark asks:

want bi-metal blades since they would seem to be
more durable. However, 59-1/2" is not a common pre-made size. Sixty
inches, though, does appear to be a common pre-made size. Will the 60"
blades work OK on a saw designed for 59-1/2"? Sorry if this is a dumb
question.

Go for it. The question isn't dumb. Your adjusters will take up much more than
1/2", though.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000

GregP February 2nd 05 01:48 PM

On 1 Feb 2005 16:00:50 -0800, "LMark_1066"
wrote:

Hi!

I'm a little new to bandsawing, so any help would be appreciated. I
bought a Delta 9" bandsaw BS100 that works very well. However I need
additional blades. I want bi-metal blades since they would seem to be
more durable. However, 59-1/2" is not a common pre-made size. Sixty
inches, though, does appear to be a common pre-made size. Will the 60"
blades work OK on a saw designed for 59-1/2"? Sorry if this is a dumb
question.

Will you be able to tension the bimetal sufficiently on this
saw ?