tony stramella

Default whats the best table saw on the market for under a $1000.00

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Depends on what you want. IMO, the Grizzly 1023SL can't be beat for the
price (of course it was $100 cheaper
a month ago) and it matches what I wanted it for.
Cheers,
cc

Phil Anderson

A good, "previously owned" Unisaw, PM66, something along those lines. A
little sweat equity and you've got a lifetime tool for a reasonable price.

"tony stramella" wrote:

Nothing but the subject, really...

leonard

mine

loutent

Buy the Griz 1023SL - I did a month ago. It is
a great saw. I don't know how a 10" TS could be worth
2x the money (like a Unisaw or PM). I'm in
"woodworker heaven" with the Grizzly.

It replaced a 15+ year old import that I thought was decent
until I sprung for the Griz.

Lou

Ron Truitt

I too purchased the Griz 1023SL and could not be happier. I have worked
on an old Craftsman for 20 years prior.

RonT

Cothian

"leonard" wrote in news:kcudnYSH7v-SkJ3fRVn-
:

mine
"tony stramella" wrote in message

No, mine's better. Neener neener.

Coth
loutent

Hi Bob,

The fence was one of my *BIG* concerns before
deciding on the Griz. I saw the Bies on the new
Craftsman cabinet saw before deciding. It was
fine, but based on what I have read here on the wreck,
I decided that the Shop Fox is almost as good if
not equal to the Bies. I always saw Norm with
his Bies and thought that I had to have one too,
but I decided to trust the wreck (I have never been
disappointed).

When I received the shipment from Grizzly, I could
hardly believe the quality of the SF fence. It was a
beast, almost all steel/iron, whatever. Once I had
the thing bolted to the 400lb saw, there was nothing
that would deflect it - and so far (1 month) this has
held true.

Granted, I'm a hobbyist and might have a different
set of parameters than a cabinet/production shop.

But for an amateur, at $1K, you will not be
disappointed in this saw/fence combo.

Of course, you can spend $2K and be quite happy too!

Lou

In article , Bob G.
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:35:24 -0500, (tony
stramella) wrote:

My neighbor purchased a Grizly Cabinet saw about 2 years ago
and "WE" did not have all that difficult time setting it up ... I
have run a Jet Cabinet Saw for sabout 15 years now and honestly
I like my saw better....BUT his can do everything mine can do
and do it just as well .....and it cost a hell of a lot less...

But mine is very well broken in and has had lots of use over the years
his was brand new... so I have no clue how it will hold up...my
opinion of it from just looking at it is that he will have NO
problems..

I have no clue what fence his has...but I am spoiled by my Bies
still I THINK I COULD live with the Grizly fence ... not sue I would
want to after all these years but it seems solid enough...

Just my opinion...

Bob Griffiths..