DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Crown molding on a non-standars ceiling angle (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/88849-crown-molding-non-standars-ceiling-angle.html)

Fly4CAP January 29th 05 09:12 PM

Crown molding on a non-standars ceiling angle

I wasnt to install crown throughout my house. Most will be
straightforward, but there are three walls from which the ceiling makes
an angle greater than 90*. They are both ends of the master bedroom
and one end of the living room, where the ceiling first goes up from
the 8' wall to level off at 9' in the BR and 10' in the LR. I'm not
sure how I would make the inside corners match with the adjacent
molding, or if it can even be done. I'm a reasonably competent
carpenter, and have access to far more competency than my own, along
with all the tools and equipment I may need. Thanks for the help.

January 29th 05 10:41 PM

Look here .. .. ..

http://www.compoundmiter.com/cathedral_ceiling.html

PDQ January 30th 05 12:11 AM

Here, among other goodies, is a chart for cutting Crown Molding compound =
miters:
http://www.josephfusco.org/Articles/...rownChart.html

Crown Angle calculation:
http://www.josephfusco.org/Articles/...he_Crown_Angl=
e.html

Wall Angle calculation:
http://www.josephfusco.org/Articles/...he_Wall_Angle=
..html

If you want to see all that is to be had:
http://www.josephfusco.org/Articles/Crown_Moulding/

Enjoy!

--=20

PDQ