Junkyard Engineer

Default Bandsaw speed

I finally received my brand new King Industrial 14", Assembling went great
and everything seems to be really well done.

There's 3 speed on that saw 735, 1470 and 2350 RPM. In the manual, no blade
speed. I guess the speed will depend on the type of wood and the blade
width. I've googled around and didn't find an answer for my question. So, is
there a rule of thumb on which I can base my speed settings ?

George

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
I finally received my brand new King Industrial 14", Assembling went great
and everything seems to be really well done.

There's 3 speed on that saw 735, 1470 and 2350 RPM. In the manual, no

blade
speed. I guess the speed will depend on the type of wood and the blade
width. I've googled around and didn't find an answer for my question. So,

is
there a rule of thumb on which I can base my speed settings ?

Metal slower, wood faster.

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
I finally received my brand new King Industrial 14", Assembling went great
and everything seems to be really well done.

There's 3 speed on that saw 735, 1470 and 2350 RPM. In the manual, no blade
speed. I guess the speed will depend on the type of wood and the blade
width. I've googled around and didn't find an answer for my question. So, is
there a rule of thumb on which I can base my speed settings ?

735 = most metal
1470 = aluminum or plastic
2350 = wood or styrofoam

Dave Jackson

For wood, run it at 100%
For non ferrous metals and plastics, run it at 75%
For other metals, run it 50%