DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Good tuneup book (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/87445-good-tuneup-book.html)

Toby January 21st 05 05:27 AM

Good tuneup book

I know there are several good books out there on tuning up the
woodworking machines. I just can't bring myself around to buying one
for the tablesaw, then one for the bandsaw then one for the router
table...
Does anyone out there know of a good book that covers several machines?
It doesn't have to go crazy on them but enough to get a machine
working in good shape...
Thanks in advance....

[email protected] January 21st 05 05:37 AM

Mark Duginske's book "Mastering Woodworking Machines", published by
Taunton. Covers TS, RAS, BS, Jointers/Planers, DP, Routahs and
Shapahs. And some methods of work to boot.

Dan

Old Nick January 21st 05 10:47 PM

On 20 Jan 2005 21:27:12 -0800, "Toby" vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

On the other hand, \
TS:$500, book $15
BS$300+:book $15
etc

Ba r r y January 22nd 05 12:40 AM

Does anyone out there know of a good book that covers several machines?
It doesn't have to go crazy on them but enough to get a machine
working in good shape...

"Tune up your Tools" by Sal MacCarone:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1558704094/qid=1106354272/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-3272688-0615268?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Duginske's multi machine book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0942391985/qid=1106354302/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3272688-0615268?v=glance&s=books

Got a local library?

Barry

Mark Jerde January 22nd 05 02:43 AM

Ba r r y wrote:

Got a local library?

+1 library.

My local library has about 3 feet of books. From my PDA:
- David Schiff & Kenneth S. Burton, Jr. "Jigs, Fixtures & Setups"
- R.J. DeCristoforo "The Jigs & Fixtures Bible"
- Udo Schmidt "Bldg Kitchen Cabinets"
- Danny Proulx "Bldg Woodshop Workstations"
- Pat Warner "The Router Book"
- Rex Cauldwell "Wiring A House"
- FWW "Shop Accessories You Can Build"
- Kelly Mehler "The Table Saw Book"
- Kenneth Burton "Cutting-Edge Table Saw Tips & Tricks"
- Norm Abram "The New Yankee Workshop"
- Bill Stankus "How to Design & Build Your Ideal Woodshop"
- Roger W. Cliffe "Table Saw Basics"
- Sando Nagyszalanczy "Woodshop Jigs & Fixtures"
Time/Life Books
- Routing & Shaping
- Shop-Made Jigs & Fixtures
- Advanced Routing
- "Closets, Space & Storage", Time/Life
- "Built-In Projects for the Home", Black & Decker
- Kenneth Burton "Cutting-Edge Table Saw Tips & Tricks"
- Mehler "The Table Saw Book"
- Duginske "The Art of the Band Saw"
- TimeLife "Sharpening & Tool Care"

I've checked this one out so many times someday I'll buy it. :-)
- Sando Nagyszalanczy "Woodshop Jigs & Fixtures"

-- Mark

Ba r r y January 22nd 05 01:56 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:43:33 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Ba r r y wrote:

Got a local library?

+1 library.

My local library has about 3 feet of books.

- Danny Proulx "Bldg Woodshop Workstations"
- Pat Warner "The Router Book"

These two are also worth a look.

I feel so lucky. My local library, in a town of about 50,000, has (3)
4'x7' BAYS of woodworking books, and almost an entire bay of videos
and DVDs. Another bay of woodturning books and several of
metalworking finish out that side of the aisle.

Maybe this is a gloat! G

Barry