DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One More Time...Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Threads Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/87163-one-more-time-paslode-im250a-cordless-finish-nailer-stripped-threads-problem.html)

Jim Larkey January 19th 05 12:46 PM

One More Time...Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Threads Problem

Does anyone in this NG have any experience with the threads stipping on the
depth adjustment knob?

Click on the following URL for details:
http://www.pbase.com/image/38701662.jpg

Thanks much in advance.
Cheers,
Jim

[email protected] January 19th 05 08:22 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:46:12 -0500, "Jim Larkey"
wrote:

Does anyone in this NG have any experience with the threads stipping on the
depth adjustment knob?

Click on the following URL for details:
http://www.pbase.com/image/38701662.jpg

Thanks much in advance.
Cheers,
Jim

I don't have that gun, so the best I can do is offer some sort of
vague advice in the form of:
perhaps you could repair the knob by reaming it out and epoxying in a
threaded insert... or maybe just replace it with a machine nut...

Jim Larkey January 20th 05 11:59 AM

Thanks for suggestion, but access to the depth adjuster knob resticted and
is very difficult. Secondly I'm not sure a machine nut would be any better
strength-wise to absorb impact shock of nail gun.

What I'm wondering is whether other users of this gun have a continuing
problem with this or is this a one-time rare event, just like the "rare
event" of the bad spark plug I had.

IF this happens again and again, I'd just as soon cut my losses and move
onto a different gun?