B a r r y

cyrille de brébisson wrote:
Hello,

How do you sand small, more or less flat peices of wood (such as a 4" * 1/2"
* 1/8" peice) on the "flat" side?
the problem that I am having is that I can not hold the peice properly in
order to sand it.. what tricks are you using?

When I was building models, I'd either hold a sanding block in a vise,
or use PSA paper on a flat surface. I would then use my finger tips to
move the work back and forth on the sand paper. Friction tape on the
finger tips can help.

Friction tape:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=31213&cat=1,42207

Barry

David

Lay them on a piece of sandpaper (to keep them somewhat stationary) and
use a 1/4 pad sander. If that doesn't work well enough for you,
consider double faced tape to hold them down.

David

cyrille de brébisson wrote:

Hello,

How do you sand small, more or less flat peices of wood (such as a 4" * 1/2"
* 1/8" peice) on the "flat" side?
the problem that I am having is that I can not hold the peice properly in
order to sand it.. what tricks are you using?

thanks, cyrille

mac davis

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:48:21 GMT, "cyrille de brébisson"
wrote:

Hello,

How do you sand small, more or less flat peices of wood (such as a 4" * 1/2"
* 1/8" peice) on the "flat" side?
the problem that I am having is that I can not hold the peice properly in
order to sand it.. what tricks are you using?

thanks, cyrille

I use a piece of that rubber mesh stuff that you use to line tool box
drawers.. usually black and in small rolls..

It grips the work and also allows the dust to sift through the
pores/openings..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Duane Bozarth

A piece of high density carpet pad works well, too, and cutoffs/castoffs
can usually be had for nothing from an installer/distributor...

Woodcrafter

I use a Vacuum Clamp for this type of stuff. I couldn't think of a better
way. Works a treat!
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/vacclamp.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 70 woodworking product reviews online!
WIN! A Bosch 18v Cordless Drill. Submit your entry today!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps
- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment
- Ryobi Right Angle Drill
- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer
- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
How many coats of primer on pre-stained oak? wendi Home Repair 26 June 13th 04 04:02 PM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 005 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 March 19th 04 03:53 PM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 002 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 9 January 19th 04 03:31 AM
Exotic Wood Supplier in St. Louis PM6564 Woodworking 0 November 21st 03 12:11 PM