DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What am I doing wrong with Google Groups (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/86216-what-am-i-doing-wrong-google-groups.html)

Mike in Arkansas January 14th 05 03:04 AM

What am I doing wrong with Google Groups

Seems like it used to be when I read posting on Google, exited and came
back later it showed the number of posts since my last visit. Now
everytime I return the number keeps getting bigger. It's over 3000 now
for the wreck and just keeps getting larger. And regardless of how far
back I go it always says something on the order of 8 new posts of 8
total for every subject. I dont recall changing any settings but
evidently my computer is not keeping track or I have inhibited Google
from keeping track. Now it's also possible I'm having a Senior Moment
and am just imagining it used to keep track. Any help appreciated.

Tom January 14th 05 04:07 AM

I don't like the new google newsreader too much.
You might be better off to setup Outlook Express as
your newsreader (since there's a good chance it came
pre-installed on your computer). You can choose others,
of course, but I find that a real newsreader is lot better
in many ways.

-- Tom

oups.com...

Bob G. January 14th 05 03:37 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:07:46 GMT, "Tom"
wrote:

I don't like the new google newsreader too much.
You might be better off to setup Outlook Express as
your newsreader (since there's a good chance it came
pre-installed on your computer). You can choose others,
of course, but I find that a real newsreader is lot better
in many ways.

-- Tom

Amen Amen Amen....
And I do not use Outlook ...BUT a dedicated newsreader
is just to handy to do without...

Bob Griffiths

Stinky January 14th 05 10:04 PM

I use Agent as my newsgroup reader along with Supernews as the
provider. No problems.

Jim in Milwaukee

Mike in Arkansas January 15th 05 03:06 AM

Go figure. Started working again. Must have been the planet
alighnment.