Don

Default oak cabinets

I have some oak kitchen cabinets that i would like to make a bit more
modern. I know they probably should not be painted but im wondering if
anyone has ideas or experiences with "sprucing" these up. Short of burning
or replacing them is there anything i can do with them? Thanks in advance

Never Enough Money

Refinishing helps.

New decorative handles help, too.

Nova

Don wrote:

I have some oak kitchen cabinets that i would like to make a bit more
modern. I know they probably should not be painted but im wondering if
anyone has ideas or experiences with "sprucing" these up. Short of burning
or replacing them is there anything i can do with them? Thanks in advance

They can be refaced. See:
http://www.hometips.com/articles/cabrefacing_guide.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Tom

Don wrote: im wondering if
anyone has ideas or experiences with "sprucing" these up. Short of burning
or replacing them is there anything i can do with them?

I'm veneering mine with alder, and adding new doors and drawer fronts. Tom
Work at your leisure!