Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mike hide

Default re planer/joiner

wrote in message
oups.com...
So I purchased a new woodworking book today, and they detail the use of
a combination planer/ jointer. Do these exist still? Or rather are they
still being made? Are they worth the purchase price? I am trying to
figure out a way to only buy one of these toys as the basement is
growing smaller with each week, but think I ultimately need both...

I have a Makita planer joiner [ model 2030] that I would like to get rid of
.. A super
machine with an independant long bed 6" joiner and 12 " planer on a common
base .

I used this machine on a daily basis un0til I got an 8" grizzele guts joiner
and a 20" planer . the makita joiner actually has a longer bed than the 8"
joiner.

the infeed /outfeed rollers need resurfacing, which can be done by most
printing machine roller surfacing companies, cost is in the region of $200.
mjh