DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chair Tips (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/85521-chair-tips.html)

Dave Best January 10th 05 01:45 AM

Chair Tips

Has anybody found a good way to keep from scratching floors with the
legs of a chair? I have Bruce finished oak floor in my kitchen. Over
the years I've tried tack bumpers recessed bumpers, carpet faced chair
bottoms etc. etc. Thanks, Dave

Doug Brown January 10th 05 04:50 AM

I think the best answer would be not to drag your chairs. But my mother has
been using little knitted or crotcheted feet on her chair legs for as long
as I can remember (a rather long time :) ) with great success.

firstjois January 10th 05 05:15 AM

Dave Best wrote:
Has anybody found a good way to keep from scratching floors with the
legs of a chair? I have Bruce finished oak floor in my kitchen. Over
the years I've tried tack bumpers recessed bumpers, carpet faced
chair bottoms etc. etc. Thanks, Dave

Friends are using felt circles with self stick backs. I think these kinds
of things need to be changed often or else the sand and dirt stuck in the
felt scratch the floor, too.

Josie

Max63 January 10th 05 10:29 AM

Felt stickers fall off quickly. You need plastic or rubber parts that
connect with a small nail. The best, yet expensive ones, are teflon
rings, also nail connected.
Good luck....
Max

firstjois January 10th 05 11:34 PM

Doug Brown wrote:
I think the best answer would be not to drag your chairs. But my
mother has been using little knitted or crotcheted feet on her chair
legs for as long as I can remember (a rather long time :) ) with
great success. "Dave Best" wrote in message
Has anybody found a good way to keep from scratching floors with the
legs of a chair? I have Bruce finished oak floor in my kitchen. Over
the years I've tried tack bumpers recessed bumpers, carpet faced
chair bottoms etc. etc. Thanks, Dave

Just had to laugh thinking about the nice (and patient) Mumma who knitted
or crocheted little feet for chairs. The best floor protecters I remember
were baby socks from Salvation Army held on with elastic bands and washed
often.

Josie