DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw.......... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/85471-milwaukee-cordless-circular-saw.html)

Ray White January 9th 05 06:30 PM

Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw..........

I have a Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw model # 6305 and can't find a
battery
for it and Milwaukee tools hasn't responded to any of my inquiries.........

Does anybody have any suggestions to where I might find one..........

Ray
NJ

DanG January 9th 05 06:59 PM

Milwaukee does not show any model 6305. That part number
corresponds to an abrasive cut off wheel.

I think the circular saws have only come out with 18 volt. I do
not know, so do not order based on my say so.

Where is the battery that came with your saw? Maybe the saw is a
little bit warm? and came without the battery(s) and charger and
other tools in the assortment?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

jo4hn January 9th 05 08:38 PM

Ray White wrote:

I have a Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw model # 6305 and can't find a
battery
for it and Milwaukee tools hasn't responded to any of my inquiries.........

Does anybody have any suggestions to where I might find one..........

Ray
NJ

Grizzly.com, mytoolstore.com/milwauke lots of others. Dags on Milwaukee
cordless saw.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Upscale January 9th 05 09:18 PM

"jo4hn" wrote in message
nk.net...
Ray White wrote:

I have a Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw model # 6305 and can't find a
battery
for it and Milwaukee tools hasn't responded to any of my

inquiries.........

Does anybody have any suggestions to where I might find one..........

Look into having your batteries rebuilt. I had my 10 year old Milwaukee
cordless drill batteries rebuilt last year. Much cheaper than buying new,
assuming that new ones are even still available.

Ray White January 10th 05 12:00 AM

No DanG, it's not warm, just old but in good condition
I had 2 batteries for it , about a year ago, one wouldn't charge up at all
and about 6 months ago the other one went.
This photo might help:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v515/R...cularsaw. jpg

Ray

DanG January 10th 05 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ray,

I did some more button poking and found this parts blow up for
your saw:
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/partpdfs.nsf/PDFView/7E08D576B72FAC448625680A0072CA52/$file/0300.pdf
which lists this as the battery part number:
48-1 l-0110 but it returns the following:

48-11-0110
This is an obsolete part number.

Here is a handy $20 coupon if you buy the battery(s) from them:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/site.nsf/vwPromos/25ADE26E0FFD836F86256E9F005A7727/$FILE/Free%20Parts%20Coupon.pdf?OpenElement

If you still have the original batteries and charger, look in your
yellow pages or contact a local commercial tool vendor to see if
anyone locally rebuilds NiCads (probably the most economical)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

J. Clarke January 11th 05 06:50 PM

Ray White wrote:

No DanG, it's not warm, just old but in good condition
I had 2 batteries for it , about a year ago, one wouldn't charge up at all
and about 6 months ago the other one went.
This photo might help:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v515/R...cularsaw. jpg

Ray

Don't know why he couldn't find it--there's a parts list for it on the
Milwaukee site, dated 1985. Shows the battery pack as part number
48-11-0110, but when I plugged that into the parts search it just came up
with "this is an obsolete number" with no suggestion for a replacement.

The first thing I would do would be to call Milwaukee and ask them what
current production battery I needed. Then it should be fairly easy to
find. If there's no longer a compatible pack being made, then you'll have
no choice but to get them rebuilt.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

miket January 18th 18 02:14 PM

Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw..........

replying to Ray White, miket wrote:
The lead-acid is not available. You have to make one...10 NiCad sub-c cells
at 1.2V each will fit.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-312220-.htm

[email protected] January 18th 18 04:20 PM

Milwaukee Cordless Circular saw..........

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:14:02 GMT, miket
m wrote:

replying to Ray White, miket wrote:

Why?

1) The message originates from Ho-moaners hub.
2) It's 13 years old.