DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   honey-do list (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/85384-honey-do-list.html)

Groggy January 9th 05 06:50 AM

honey-do list

Working through the honey-do list this summer and going really well
for once. SWMBO asks for a few dividers to be put in a drawer for
large implements to be seperated - no problem.

I measure twice, cut once, iron on the tape. remove the drawer face,
nail in place nice and square and even. Beautiful, 15 minute job.

I bring it inside after replacing the face and it doesn't fit! Hmm,
must've moved the face somehow (it was located by 4 screws. So I play
and play, trying to get this sucker back where it came from.

Finally, after 20 minutes, I get this little voice in my head saying
"go on, ask her", so I do. "Ahh, honey, is this the drawer that came
from this position?"

"No, I wanted the second drawer in the third slot so I moved it while
you were doing the dividers." She looks at me for a minute, then says
"is that why they're numbered at the back?

Doh!

TWS January 9th 05 02:07 PM

ROTFLMAO!
TWS

Maurice Herboldsheimer January 9th 05 03:32 PM

LSHMBB!! (L.aughing S.o H.ard M.y B.elly B.ounces)

J T January 9th 05 03:38 PM

Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 6:50am (EST+5) (Groggy) says:
snip She looks at me for a minute, then says "is that why they're
numbered at the back?

She wasn't a 2d Lieutenant in another life, was she?

JOAT
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.
- =A0Dale Carnegie

[email protected] January 9th 05 05:40 PM

Now *I'm* LSHMBB!

-Phil Crow

Norman D. Crow January 9th 05 09:20 PM

"J T" wrote in message
Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 6:50am (EST+5) (Groggy) says:
snip She looks at me for a minute, then says "is that why they're
numbered at the back?

She wasn't a 2d Lieutenant in another life, was she?

2nd Looie = Ensign, right?
1st Looie = Lieutenant J.G.
Post Korea, pre 'Nam, Steelworker CPO tells me . . .Seabees are building
concrete ammo bunkers, *new* Ensign or JG comes aboard, first day he sees
the Steelworkers torching excess re-bar off the top of the walls while
Builders are stripping forms down below, getting some sparks. Newbie has a
fit, stops job. Three senior CPO's spend several weeks rotating keeping him
*occupied* while the two not busy with that see that the job gets back on
schedule.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

J T January 9th 05 10:20 PM

Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 4:20pm (Norman=A0D.=A0Crow) asks:
2nd Looie =3D Ensign, right?
1st Looie =3D Lieutenant J.G. snip

Yup.

The "right" way for a 2LT to raise a flagpole. Say, "Sergeant,
raise that flagpole", and then walk away.