Slowhand

Default Oliver manu.

What's the word on quality for the newer (post year 2000) oliver machinary?
I see they have a hollow chisel mortiser that looks to be similiar in size
to the powermatic and general.

I'm also curious about their jointers.
SH

Knothead

I'm in the process of rebuilding a '95 12" jointer, I'm telling you it's one
well built piece of equipment... I can't wait to get it running.
I bought it without the motor as I didn't want to mess with a 3 phase
converter. Motor has arrived and am waiting for the pulley's.
This one has helical cut cutters and there is no adjusting the knives. Total
cost so far is $2250.00
Sucker is a solid cast iron base and weighs 1400/lbs. I'll upload photos
when I can get the B.I.L's digital camera

Knothead