DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   frame and panel drawers -- first one (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/83710-frame-panel-drawers-first-one.html)

Sam the Cat December 30th 04 01:41 AM

frame and panel drawers -- first one

As the subject line states -- I am building some frame and panel doors for a
bath vanity. There will be two doors covering 29 1/2" wide and 22" tall
thus each door will be 14 3/4" wide and 22" tall. Question of the moment is
how wide to make the railes and stiles of the frame -- I am thinking 2"
should be good, but was wondering if there is a magic formula for such
things to make sure they "look right"

Any help would be appreciated.......

Cheers

JGS December 30th 04 11:09 AM

2" finished is good. However it depends a bit upon what method of joinery you
plan on using. For a CMT router set you use 2 7/16 as 7/16 is the depth of the
bits' cut leaving 2" visible at the corners. Cheers, .JG

http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/tutor...neldoors-1.asp