skeezics

Default dust collection on a 18" delta bandsaw.

i an setting up a small dust collecter for my drum sander and bandsaw.
the bandsaw has 2 DC ports. 1 low and 1 in back. i am assuming one of
the ports is left open to draw the air through the housing. or do i
put hoses on both ports? there does not appear to be enough open space
around the blade to support 2 4" hhoses sucking air. my thoughts are
DC hose to bottom port and breath through the rear port. i have never
bothered with dust collection before but the drum sander requires it
and i figure i may as well add the band saw as well. thanks...

skeez

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:22:54 GMT, skeezics wrote:

i an setting up a small dust collecter for my drum sander and bandsaw.
the bandsaw has 2 DC ports. 1 low and 1 in back. i am assuming one of
the ports is left open to draw the air through the housing. or do i
put hoses on both ports? there does not appear to be enough open space
around the blade to support 2 4" hhoses sucking air. my thoughts are
DC hose to bottom port and breath through the rear port. i have never
bothered with dust collection before but the drum sander requires it
and i figure i may as well add the band saw as well. thanks...

skeez

I think the designers figured you'd be hooking up 2 hoses.

it might work better with just one- try it and let us know. heck you
might even pick up a 4" electronics cooling fan on ebay and try
blowing that *in* one of the holes...

dust collection options Jeff Woodworking 10 March 21st 04 07:45 PM
Dust Collection Bob Davis Woodworking 13 January 3rd 04 10:38 PM
Fence & Dust Collection on my gracefully aging 9 inch Craftsman TS Morgans Woodworking 2 September 13th 03 05:51 AM