DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SKIL: New multi machine (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/82842-skil-new-multi-machine.html)

AAvK December 23rd 04 04:37 AM

SKIL: New multi machine

"XShop" soon to come from Skil, possibility of six power tools
but I bet it will be DD on the TS part. I wonder how this'll work
out and how well made it'll be. http://www.skil.com/homepage.htm
one may click on the pic of it and a more detailed window will pop
up.

Alex

BillyBob December 23rd 04 07:07 PM

"AAvK" wrote in message

"XShop" soon to come from Skil, possibility of six power tools
but I bet it will be DD on the TS part. I wonder how this'll work
out and how well made it'll be. http://www.skil.com/homepage.htm
one may click on the pic of it and a more detailed window will pop
up.

Its a truly weird combination - including a digital rip fence and drill
press in the same package from a name that's become synonymous with low end.
I don't get it. Somebody in marketing will either turn out to be brilliant
or lose their job.

Bob

AAvK December 24th 04 02:43 AM

Its a truly weird combination - including a digital rip fence and drill
press in the same package from a name that's become synonymous with low end.
I don't get it. Somebody in marketing will either turn out to be brilliant
or lose their job.
Bob

I believe the drill press and router are seperate attachments to buy. I can't imagine
how the drill press would work from the existing motor unless it just mounts
onto the xshop as it's own unit with it's own motor. I have an old skil drill HD6525
ca. early 90's that is excellent, 3/8" German Rohm chuck. Dey donmakem like dat
nomo I bet!

Alex