DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help installing stair stringers! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/82346-help-installing-stair-stringers.html)

MikeC December 20th 04 02:53 AM

Help installing stair stringers!

Does anybody know of any free, web-based information I can use to help me
install stair stringers? Information on casing, basing, and other trim
related stuff would be great too. Thanks!

WoodchuckCanuck December 20th 04 02:56 AM

here's some references:
http://homestore.com/HomeGarden/Home...?poe=homestore
http://www.dixieline.com/ostairs/out...09130201181825
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/r...ex.php?cat=469
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.woodchuckcanuck.com

Dave Jackson December 20th 04 03:00 AM

"MikeC" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any free, web-based information I can use to help me
install stair stringers?

-You found it here, What difficulties are you having?

Information on casing, basing, and other trim
related stuff would be great too. Thanks!

-What kind of information? How to install? How to finish? Be more specific.

MikeC December 20th 04 03:12 AM

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
nk.net...
"MikeC" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any free, web-based information I can use to help me
install stair stringers?

-You found it here, What difficulties are you having?

I would just like to read some tutorials on installing stringers to see if
there are better ways of going about it than what I'm doing.

Information on casing, basing, and other trim
related stuff would be great too. Thanks!

-What kind of information? How to install? How to finish? Be more
specific.

I'm mostly looking for some tips on making nicer case and base joints.

Dave Jackson December 20th 04 03:14 AM

There are books out there that will guide you through it. I don't know of
any online resource. I build stairs pretty regularly, so if you can explain
how you are doing it now, or the problems your having, i may be able to
offer an easier way. --dave