Al Reid

Default Picked up my Jointer

Last week I ordered a Grizzly G1182Z 6" Jointer. I was disappointed when I was informed it was on backorder for 4-6 weeks, since it
was supposed to be a Christmas present. I decided to go ahead and accept the backorder and patiently wait it out. 5 days later I
get a call from the trucking firm wanting to schedule the delivery. What a pleasant surprise!

It's all set up and works like a charm.

--
Al Reid

Frank Ketchum

"Al Reid" wrote in message
Last week I ordered a Grizzly G1182Z 6" Jointer. I was disappointed when
I was informed it was on backorder for 4-6 weeks, since it
was supposed to be a Christmas present. I decided to go ahead and accept
the backorder and patiently wait it out. 5 days later I
get a call from the trucking firm wanting to schedule the delivery. What
a pleasant surprise!

It's all set up and works like a charm.

Sounds like someone cancelled their order. Good for you. Enjoy!

Frank

RonB

I have found them to be rather conservative on shipping projections. I
ordered my 1023S cabinet saw from them a few years ago. They projected 5 to
7 days shipping. I got a call from the local trucker 36 hours after I
placed the internet order (We live only 250 miles from Springfield).

Similar on other small orders.

Al Reid

"RonB" wrote in message news:znhwd.7412$F25.2657@okepread07...
I have found them to be rather conservative on shipping projections. I
ordered my 1023S cabinet saw from them a few years ago. They projected 5 to
7 days shipping. I got a call from the local trucker 36 hours after I
placed the internet order (We live only 250 miles from Springfield).

Similar on other small orders.

They were the same way on the bandsaw G0555 14" bandsaw, but it was not on a 4-6 week backorder.

In any event, it was a welcome surprise.

--
Al Reid

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Al Reid wrote:
They projected 5 to
7 days shipping. I got a call from the local trucker 36 hours after I
placed the internet order (We live only 250 miles from Springfield).

Similar on other small orders.

They were the same way on the bandsaw G0555 14" bandsaw, but it was not on a
4-6 week backorder.

In any event, it was a welcome surprise.

I call that smart marketing. Create an expectation, then exceed it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Al Reid

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message om...
Al Reid wrote:
They projected 5 to
7 days shipping. I got a call from the local trucker 36 hours after I
placed the internet order (We live only 250 miles from Springfield).

Similar on other small orders.

They were the same way on the bandsaw G0555 14" bandsaw, but it was not on a
4-6 week backorder.

In any event, it was a welcome surprise.

I call that smart marketing. Create an expectation, then exceed it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

There was another bonus, as well. Since I was not going to receive it before Christmas, I got to order a replacement gift (Bessey
Tradesman Clamp Assortment). I even get to keep it, since it arrived on Monday (quick and free shipping from Amazon)

--
Al Reid

Upscale

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message

I call that smart marketing. Create an expectation, then exceed it.

Yeah, but you've got to know where to draw the line between expectation and
unintentionally sending the customer elsewhere to buy from a competitor.

patrick conroy

"Al Reid" wrote in message

Last week I ordered a Grizzly G1182Z 6" Jointer. I was disappointed when

I was informed it was on backorder for 4-6 weeks, since it

Hmmm...

itemDescription = sqlLookUp(...);
shipTime = sqlLookUp(...);
shipTimeUnits = deriveTimeUnits( shipTime );

#if debug
printf( "Item %s is on backorder, projected ship time is %s %s\n",
itemDescription, "4-6", "weeks" );
#endif

Mebbe they forgot to redef debug?