Joe Bleau

Default Unisaw dust collector adaptor?

Anyone know where I can find plans to adapt a dust collector to my
15-year-old Unisaw? I am almost sure I saw plans once in a WW
magazine. Any leads appreciated.

Joe
mike hide

"Joe Bleau" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can find plans to adapt a dust collector to my
15-year-old Unisaw? I am almost sure I saw plans once in a WW
magazine. Any leads appreciated.

Joe

I dont have plans, but I did a cnversion several years ago.

1 replace the louvered door with a solid sealed one . 1/2" ply recessed
attached with 4 sheetrock screws

2 cut a long slot in the bottom of the RHS of the base to fit the largest
oblong to 4" diameter AC duct you can find at HD or Lowes .

3.make and install a angled ramp inside the base that will direct the
sawdust to the duct above. It cannot be done with a single piece, I resorted
to 2 pieces of 1/2" ply duct taped to gether..

4 Stuff the arc allowing the tilt control with dusters [or rags] to prevent
air leakage.

5 Finally caulk the base to the floor intersection ,again to prevent air
leakage . mjh

Matthew

Just got done doing my Unisaw, which is much older. I found it helps to
seal the gaps between the table top and the base -- that was the biggest
leak I had by far. I pulled the table off and used some semisoft foam
blocks, glued in place with that GreatStuf expanding rigid foam, to fill in
along the top of the cabinet.

Dust collection works much better with these blocks in place. Just make
sure to realign your top when you put it back on. And get someone to help
you move it if you don't happen to have a fork lift handy

Matthew (who is making more dust but sweeping less)