Mike S

Default FS lathe + many accessories

Located near Calamus, Iowa (just off of Highway 30)

My father-in-law always enjoyed turning something everytime he came to
my house. So one year Santa brought him a complete tunring workshop
About 3 months later he came down with cancer - very bad cancer and
only made it about 6 months after that. Well the lathe has sat in the
shop for 2 years now and only run when I would come and visit. It is
time to pass this on.

Jet 1236 lathe - about 6 years old - runs great - variable speed - this
was my lathe first, then went to my FIL and I got a Nova. All parts
are there. Lathe is currently bolted to a 4" riser.

at least a dozen turning tools including Sorby/Taylor bowl gouges (2)
and a Sorby 1" flat nose scraper and a large Taylor butterknife
scraper. (I believe there are 5 Sorby/Taylor tools that I bought from
Woodcraft/Highland Hardware = $40 to $50 each when new - the rest are
low end tools = set of 8 for $50)

Supernova chuck w/ threaded insert for jet lathe. 2 sets of jaws
included - original box still there and the wrench. I don't remeber if
the wood screw is there.

2 or 3 chucks, including one that is a dowel chuck for holding 3/8"
dowel - for making winestoppers, the other is a regular drill press
type chuck.

2 or 3 faceplates of various sizes, I think there are 2 toolrests as
well (3" and 6", not sure if there is a 3rd)

delta 6" grinding wheel with one 120 grit wheel from Highland Hardware
with a wolverine grinding jig attached to it. Bench grinder was new
when I gave it to him.

wood - oh boy is there ever some wood here. 100+ wine stopper blanks,
big cherry bowl blanks, several pieces of exotics for center and bowl
work such as bubinga, rosewood, cocobolo, palm. Whatever is there,
goes with the lathe! Bring box to put it all in. Some wine stopper
corks also there.

Face shield - nothing fancy here, just something to keep the chips out
of your face

Finishing supplies - don't remember what is left.

Last I saw the lathe was in November and I took mental inventory of it.
I'll get my eyes on it again tomorrow. I'll be in town all week so
can sell it at almost any time. I'm sure I have left some things off,
but image everything that goes with a lathe and it is there. Lathe
rails have some rust on them, I'll try to hit them w/ some steel wool
and wax and see how rough it is.

I spent over $1100 getting all of this for him and I would like to get
$700 for all of it.

I'm away from my computer for most of this week, so I won't be able to
track the thread very easily. Please e-mail me if interested.
Thanks,
Mike

fordguy

A little more info please. Live in Forest City, not too far away.

Mike S

more info....

no rust on the lathe, only a few spots on part of the
wolverine grinding jig. A combination of paste wax
and dust made it look like it was rusty. A quick pass
with some 0000 wool with paste wax and it looks great. Runs great.

items that are there.....
short and long tool rest
5 good tools (2 bowl, 1 roughing, 2 scrapers)
drive center
2 calipers
1 chuck and 1 dowel chuck
wrench for supernova