DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   First time using a stacked dado (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/81378-first-time-using-stacked-dado.html)

mike hide December 12th 04 05:12 PM

First time using a stacked dado

I am using a stacked dado blade that came with my unisaw for the first time
..The dado is an old delta unit and came with 4 blades and numerous
chippers.The teeth on the blades are cut on an angle, I am assuming the
"high" side is to the outside of the dado,both left and right and the
chippers are set to get the correct width of cut ...please let me know if
this is correct .

the only remaining question is what are the two remaing blades for , they
are identical to the othe pair. Could it be to make two small width dados in
a single pass ??? mjh

Ba r r y December 13th 04 12:02 PM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:12:57 -0500, "mike hide"
wrote:

I am using a stacked dado blade that came with my unisaw for the first time
.The dado is an old delta unit and came with 4 blades and numerous
chippers.The teeth on the blades are cut on an angle, I am assuming the
"high" side is to the outside of the dado,both left and right and the
chippers are set to get the correct width of cut ...please let me know if
this is correct .

Right.

the only remaining question is what are the two remaing blades for , they
are identical to the othe pair. Could it be to make two small width dados in
a single pass ??? mjh

I think you got 1 1/2 dado sets with the saw. Narrow dados are done
with the same side blades as the wide dados, minus the chippers.

Barry