toller

Default How to shorten a link belt?

The motor on my contractor's saw is now resting against the stop rather than
completely hanging from the belt. That is wrong isn't it; the belt is
supposed to be holding it up, right?

I presume it has stretched a bit and I have to take a link out. It looks
like you just twist an inside tab and push it through the hole, take a link
out, and reverse. But sometimes thing are more complicated than they look.
So, how do I shorten the belt?

I don't know the brand, but it is red. Thanks.

Joe Wells

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:25:27 +0000, toller wrote:

The motor on my contractor's saw is now resting against the stop rather
than completely hanging from the belt. That is wrong isn't it; the belt
is supposed to be holding it up, right?

I presume it has stretched a bit and I have to take a link out. It looks
like you just twist an inside tab and push it through the hole, take a
link out, and reverse. But sometimes thing are more complicated than they
look. So, how do I shorten the belt?

You pretty much have it, but a picture is worth a thousand words (unless
it involves someone wealthy doing something wrong, then you can name your
price...)

http://www.fennerindustrial.com/products/pdfs/ptpinstall.pdf

--
Joe Wells