Old December 6th 04, 09:23 PM
Phisherman

Default Anti-fatigue mats

Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

Old December 6th 04, 10:40 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

Nah, you still get tired after a few hours.

I do have on in front of my bench, They are good for the money. Industrial
mats can easily be $25 to $60. If I get to Woodcraft this week I'll pick up
a couple at that price.

Ed

Old December 6th 04, 10:48 PM
woodgrinder

It depends on what you mean by "work."

On concrete, I'd say they are a minimum for what works. I've been
thinking about building a platform of 2x4s and topping it with T&G
subfloor. Then the mats would REALLY work. :-)

Old December 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Nigel Burnett

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:23:31 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

I've had a pair of Lee Valley's in my darkroom for years - I don't know the physics
but they definetly work - that and really good shoes. That's looks like a great price
although these are slightly bigger?

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,43 456,43465

Nigel

Old December 7th 04, 01:50 AM
Ba r r y

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:23:31 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

I have a bunch of 4x8's, they were $22 at a local farm supplier.
They're used for lining livestock trailers, and they're HEAVY!

Barry
Old December 7th 04, 03:14 AM
Prometheus

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:40:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

We've got "anti-fatigue" mats at work, and they sort of work,
depending on what you're expecting them to do! If you're going to be
standing in one place for quite some time, they do help quite a bit
with knee strain, and they're also good for keeping your feet a little
warmer if you're on a concrete floor in a cold shop. If you walk
around a lot in your shop, the benefits are greatly reduced, and they
can be a trip hazard, especially if the corner gets folded up. For
ten bucks apiece, it's probably work trying them out and seeing if
they work for you. If they don't do what you'd like them to, you can
always place them under machines to dampen vibration a little or use
them for laying under your car when you've got to work on it. (If
you're like me, this gets done in the driveway, because the shop owns
the garage!)

Nah, you still get tired after a few hours.

I do have on in front of my bench, They are good for the money. Industrial
mats can easily be $25 to $60. If I get to Woodcraft this week I'll pick up
a couple at that price.

Ed

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Old December 7th 04, 05:21 AM

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:23:31 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Woodcraft has a sale on 2x5' anti-fatigue mats, 3 for $30 until
12/11/04. Has anyone tried these and do they work?

No comments on the Woodcraft models, but anti-fatigue mats in general
make a _big_ difference if you've been standing on concrete.

--RC
You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes

Old December 7th 04, 07:41 PM
John

You get what you pay for, and $10 per mat is giving them away. I
personally like either industrial or Horse Trailer mats, the run about
$40-$80+ per mat, and last and last and last

John

Old December 7th 04, 09:56 PM
Richard Cline

In article , John
wrote:

A few years ago we were tearing carpet out of the house. It showed a
little wear in some places but mostly my wife didn't like the color. I
decided that it would make a decent cover for my shop floor. It was
free. It works great aside from the fact that it is hard to locate a
small screw dropped on the floor.

Dick