DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sears-->Kmart-->Craftsman Tools (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/77398-sears-%3Ekmart-%3Ecraftsman-tools.html)

Keith Nuttle November 18th 04 11:51 AM

Sears-->Kmart-->Craftsman Tools

Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

Mike in Mystic November 18th 04 12:24 PM

I doubt KMart will discontinue what is probably one of Sears biggest money
making brands. But you never know. I haven't seen anything specifically
about it.

Bob November 18th 04 12:55 PM

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

They have to wait for Martha Stewart to get out of prison to address that
strategy. Maybe they will add blue light specials in the tool department.

Bob

Todd Fatheree November 18th 04 01:25 PM

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

Craftsman isn't going anywhere. But you'll start to see it in Kmart. Ditto
with DieHard. Reverse will be true for Martha Stewart stuff.

todd

Andy Dingley November 18th 04 01:36 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:24:31 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
wrote:

I doubt KMart will discontinue what is probably one of Sears biggest money
making brands

Tools aren't the brand. They could well continue the name, but apply
it to almost anything, made anywhere, of any quality.
--
Smert' spamionam

GregP November 18th 04 02:54 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:51:40 GMT, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

No, but in announcing the sale, one reporter said that
Craftsman tools have been losing market share.

Dave Hinz November 18th 04 03:39 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:51:40 GMT, Keith Nuttle wrote:
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

They will now be available in a range of pastel colors, coordinated to
the Martha Stewart Jailware collection.

Dave "Not making a strap-on tools and womens' prison joke here" Hinz

John DeBoo November 18th 04 04:50 PM

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:51:40 GMT, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

They will now be available in a range of pastel colors, coordinated to
the Martha Stewart Jailware collection.

Dave "Not making a strap-on tools and womens' prison joke here" Hinz

Would those come with the Billy Jean King seal of approvalG? No, that
was Snap-On tools huh...

Greg November 18th 04 05:03 PM

Martha Stewart's cake recipies will only have Craftsman files in them.

Daniel Martin November 18th 04 05:49 PM

Craftsman becomes Kraftsman.

Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

Mark Jerde November 18th 04 05:57 PM

Daniel Martin wrote:

LOL! Or maybe "Kraftsperson" for bowing at the PC altar.

-- Mark

dteckie November 18th 04 06:36 PM

Keith Nuttle wrote in message ...
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

According from what I have read and heard they will both share/sell
their line of merchandise. Therefore I assume that you will be able to
purchase Crapman tools at Kmart and Sears. This can change after the
dust settles and they finalize their marketing strategies. Supposedly
nothing wil change till mid 05. Now for the small print "this is
subject to change at their discretion."

Searcher November 18th 04 06:38 PM

As a Sears employee, beleive me this came as a complete shock to all of us.
From what I understand Sears is losing sales in deparments other than
tools/auto/lawn and garden. On the other hand Craftsman tools have been
keeping Sears alive and doing very well. It is mainly the clothing, shoes
etc. departments that will see the impact. All of this will not take effect
until mid 2005, we are not sure if Kmart will be carrying the Craftsman
brand but we are sure the Martha will be seen in Sears.This of course is
only the scuttlebutt that is making its way around the auto shop. But we
have been hearing this from the managers.
Searcher1

Bill Wallace November 18th 04 07:08 PM

Yes, Craftsman will be merged into the Marth Stewart collection. You
can expect an end to those boring colors and the introduction of plaid
and floral prints in an array of coordinated colors to match any
fellas desires for sprucing up the drab look of his shop. I can't wait
to get that marvy new benchtop planer in the Hawaiian print.

They will also be introducing several "cross over" products. Imagine
how nicely you'll be able to whip up a frothy sponge cake batter with
the new wisk attachment for your router. Or how about those perfect
slices of Turkey you can get with the new poultry attachment for the
table saw miter gauge.

BW

Greg November 18th 04 07:26 PM

These days I doubt there is much difference between Craftsman and Bench Top or
any of the other Asian brands Kmart sells.

Dwight November 18th 04 08:37 PM

Keith Nuttle wrote in message ...
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

I think they're having a blue light special on aisle 2. ;-)

patrick conroy November 18th 04 10:00 PM

"Searcher" wrote in message

But we have been hearing this from the managers.

Oh yeah - and *we* always tell the truth! :)

BUB 209 November 19th 04 01:58 AM

Subject: Sears--Kmart--Craftsman Tools
From: Dave Hinz

They will now be available in a range of pastel colors, coordinated to
the Martha Stewart Jailware collection.

Maybe they're already floating trial
balloons - I just bought the cutest
floral print 16' tape measure from
the fortune cookie tool bin at Ace.
Norm may be using one in the future.
Bob Villa for sure will be!

Mark & Juanita November 19th 04 05:06 AM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:37:35 GMT, "Jim Giblin"
wrote:

Does this mean Craftsman will return to the good quality it was 20 years
ago?

Umm, three words, "Attention K-Mart Shoppers"

Any questions?

.. .

Charlie Self November 19th 04 08:34 AM

Jim Giblin asks:

Does this mean Craftsman will return to the good quality it was 20 years
ago?

Yeah. We really need some more of those great flex drive table saws.

Charlie Self
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of
nothing."
Redd Foxx

Lazarus Long November 19th 04 03:40 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:54:40 -0500, GregP
wrote:

Craftsman tools have been losing market share.

(sarcasm mode on:)

Shocking!

GregP November 19th 04 04:01 PM

wrote:

Craftsman tools have been losing market share.

(sarcasm mode on:)

Shocking!

... most likely to Home Depot, Lowes, etc....